Don't Wait til Jan 1! 6 Day-End the Old Year Challenge!

Options

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Name: MrsM.

Starting weight: 13st 9lbs / 191lbs (at 27/12/15).

Goal weight: 13st 6.25lbs / 188.25lbs - this was my weight before The Cold and Christmas, so am hopeful that part of the gain is water from excess salt and bread, then I'm aiming to buck my own trend of .5lb a week :-) This isn't going to happen - I weigh daily (it works for me) - and it's gig up each day, so just logging and exercising ever day will be my goal.

Plan:
    1. Stick to my MFP guide of 1410. Caveat: unless I've exercised then have the choice to eat back some or all calories; and, calories increased as weight has increased (was at 1380).
    2. Do 30 mins cardio every day - can't do more as coming out of stinky cold and know what my limitations are.
    3. Drink enough water - some days it's easy and some days it really isn't!

27/12 (Sun) - Done all three :-)
    28/12 (Mon) - No idea on pt.1 - dang head cold has almost done for me today. Did the other two for sure.
    29/12 (Tues) - Pt. 1 I'm over on, but still in loss range so as still have The Cold am pleased. Deffo the second two, including doubling the exercise time (split into two but still chuffed).
    30/12 (Weds) -
    31/12 (Thurs) -
    01/01 (Fri) -
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My results today:
    1. Stayed under cals! :smile:
    2. Did my exercise! :smile:
    3. I did snack after dinner but within cals :neutral:
  • helensingssongs
    helensingssongs Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Results from yesterday
    Part one ok if you include the exercise cals
    Part two
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Name: Bri
    Starting weight:180
    Goal:178

My Plan:
    1. Stick to 1200 per day. Any leftover Christmas goodies must fit into calorie goal.
    2. Exercise at least 1 hour each day. 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio.
    3. Do Ab Challenge each day.
    4. Pre log food whenever possible

Tues12/29:
    1. Went over slightly
    2. Walked , but only 45 minutes
    3. :smile: rest day
    4. :smile:

Wed 12/30:
    Thu12/31:

• helensingssongs
    Options
    Results from yesterday
    Part one ok if you include the exercise cals
  • helensingssongs
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Day 4 2&3
  • MrsMizart
    Options

Goal weight: 13st 6.25lbs / 188.25lbs - this was my weight before The Cold and Christmas, so am hopeful that part of the gain is water from excess salt and bread, then I'm aiming to buck my own trend of .5lb a week :-) This isn't going to happen - I weigh daily (it works for me) - and it's going up each day, so just logging and exercising ever day will be my goal.

Plan:
    1. Stick to my MFP guide of 1410. Caveat: unless I've exercised then have the choice to eat back some or all calories; and, calories increased as weight has increased (was at 1380).
    2. Do 30 mins cardio every day - can't do more as coming out of stinky cold and know what my limitations are.

28/12 (Mon) - No idea on pt.1 - dang head cold has almost done for me today. Did the other two for sure.
    29/12 (Tues) - Pt. 1 I'm over on, but still in loss range so as still have The Cold am pleased. Deffo the second two, including doubling the exercise time (split into two but still chuffed).
    30/12 (Weds) - As yesterday. The IBS kicked in this evening. Urgh.
    31/12 (Thurs) -
    01/01 (Fri) -
  • 7books
    7books Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One of my friends is waiting until the new year to start but I've been pretty consistently good for the past week. Gonna finish strong! I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day, walking my dogs, and jogging at home. I'm also slowly transitioning to a more paleo friendly way of eating.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    7books wrote: »
    One of my friends is waiting until the new year to start but I've been pretty consistently good for the past week. Gonna finish strong! I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day, walking my dogs, and jogging at home. I'm also slowly transitioning to a more paleo friendly way of eating.

Today is the only day that we have to accomplish something in. There's no point in waiting till tomorrow. Good for you!
  • bri170lb
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Name: Bri
    Starting weight:180
    Goal:178

My Plan:
    1. Stick to 1200 per day. Any leftover Christmas goodies must fit into calorie goal.
    2. Exercise at least 1 hour each day. 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio.
    3. Do Ab Challenge each day.
    4. Pre log food whenever possible

Wed 12/30:
    1. :smile:
    2. :smiley: 2 hours
    3. :smile: :smile:

We're coming down the home stretch, now!

Thu12/31:

• Marikanna
    Options
    Dec 30
    1. Stayed in cals - yes
    2. Exercise -yes
    3. Late night snacking- meh, no. Had three cookies just before bed. Not over cals but I wasn't hungry for them.
  • MrsMizart
    edited December 2015
    Options

Goal weight: 13st 6.25lbs / 188.25lbs - this was my weight before The Cold and Christmas, so am hopeful that part of the gain is water from excess salt and bread, then I'm aiming to buck my own trend of .5lb a week :-) Update: This isn't going to happen - I weigh daily (it works for me) - and it's going up each day, so just logging and exercising every day will be my goal.

Plan:

31/12 (Thurs) - My version of a migraine, so not a nice day. Stuck to calories but no exercise and hard to drink much. In bed all day.
    01/01 (Fri) -
  • MrsMizart
    Options
    Happy New Year folks :-) May it bring you and yours everything you wish and work for :-)

Thank you for starting this thread and for the participants, it's really helped me this last week.

Goal weight: 13st 6.25lbs / 188.25lbs - this was my weight before The Cold and Christmas, so am hopeful that part of the gain is water from excess salt and bread, then I'm aiming to buck my own trend of .5lb a week :-) Update: This isn't going to happen - I weigh daily (it works for me) - and it's going up each day, so just logging and exercising every day will be my goal.

UPDATE: 01/01/16: 13st 8.50lbs / 190.50lbs - so didn't make my goal, but it came down which, as I've been ill, I'm pleased with :-)

Plan:

31/12 (Thurs) - My version of a migraine, so not a nice day. Stuck to calories but no exercise and hard to drink much. In bed all day. Update: did half an hour walk on the treadmill (3mph) and had enough water/liquid :-)
    01/01 (Fri) -
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Sorry I was out of touch all day yesterday. We had to do an event for our business and I couldn't check in.

Well. It's the new year and we are all here, still working on moving toward our goals so....WE ALL WIN THE GRAND PRIZE!!!!!

:smiley: The satisfaction of knowing we can do it! :smiley:
  • helensingssongs
    Options
    Day 5 and 6 fell apart but I knew they would and I am am convinced tomorrow will be a better day
  • Marikanna
    Options
    Day 5
    1. Over cals.... A lot! :-(
    2. Exercised :smile:
    Day 6
    1. Felt like I didn't east too too much but at mom's. Unable to actually measure. Tried to eyeball it.
    2. 2 mile walk.

Thanks for posting this challenge.. It helped my priorities on some tough days. Although I am sure I wasn't in deficit, I am also sure I would have mindlessly overt induged
  • helensingssongs
    Options
    Thank you for this challenge. It has helped a lot in getting over the Christmas indulgences and new year slump. I know there there is a lot of hard work ahead and that is ok. We can do this one day, one meal, one healthy choice at a time. Happy new year
  • littlehappystitches
    littlehappystitches Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great challenge hope everyone did well
  • MrsMizart
    Options

UPDATE: 01/01/16: 13st 8.50lbs / 190.50lbs - so didn't make my goal, but it came down which, as I've been ill, I'm pleased with :-)

Plan:

31/12 (Thurs) - My version of a migraine, so not a nice day. Stuck to calories but no exercise and hard to drink much. In bed all day. Update: did half an hour walk on the treadmill (3mph) and had enough water/liquid :-)
    01/01 (Fri) - All three :-)
  • helensingssongs
    Options
    Congrats. Great determination to stay focuses whatever