I dont like the taste of water

Options
2»

Replies

• slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im only logging the water part just to remind myself I need it or else I will not drink much. I get dehydrated fast and then its another Doctors visit for fluids. So its a personal goal to stay out of the office.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i mix fizzy water (sometimes still) with no added sugar diluting drinks
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You only need enough fluid to make your urine pale yellow. It doesn't have to be water.

If I am drinking water, I add flavoring.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I add fruit or lemon to my water. And as far as tasting the mtals in tap water, buy a Brita or Pur water filter. I have a Pur Water Pitcher for my fridge and it's fantastic. The water is fresh tasting (as opposed to what it normally tastes like where I live). be careful with fluids with caffeine though as they are potentially dehydrating so you want to account for that. But just do the pee test like others said. If your pee is near clear your good to go. :-)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I started buying bottled water when I heard the rumour - and I still don't know if it's true - that the average glass of London tap water has passed through 7 other people before you get to drink it. I got over that because of the expense (I'm fickle like that!), so now I just chill tap water and it tastes fine. Have you tried different temperatures to see if it makes a difference to you?

This^

I keep a Brita water filter pitcher in the fridge.....mmm
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    craziedani wrote: »
    I add fruit or lemon to my water. And as far as tasting the mtals in tap water, buy a Brita or Pur water filter. I have a Pur Water Pitcher for my fridge and it's fantastic. The water is fresh tasting (as opposed to what it normally tastes like where I live). be careful with fluids with caffeine though as they are potentially dehydrating so you want to account for that. But just do the pee test like others said. If your pee is near clear your good to go. :-)

That myth has been thoroughly debunked.
  • maerosebyelick751
    maerosebyelick751 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to drink water as cold as it can get before it freezes. Or I'll add lemon and cucumber. Im not big on Crystal light. Makes me feel bloated.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Pawsforme wrote: »
    craziedani wrote: »

That myth has been thoroughly debunked.

You saw I said potentially right? It is to me and I drink more to compensate so I was just stating an opinion.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I like taking squares of hardened water and mixing them with Jack & Coke.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I hate drinking water. I pretty much only do it at the gym and enough throughout the day to keep my mouth from getting dry. I do drink a lot of tea though. As long as my pee is light I assume I'm fine.
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like taking squares of hardened water and mixing them with Jack & Coke.

superb way to get your water in :)
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I used to be just like you. I probably drank less than a gallon of water a year - not a typo. I drank soda, coffee, and juices. I got enough water - but along with that I got way more calories than I wanted. When I started this weight loss journey, I decided to drink water - plain water. I didn't care for it, but that was my goal. Now I actually prefer water over any other beverage most of the time.
  • TreborY
    TreborY Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are in an area that has a product called "Clear" it is what I drink --> lots of different flavors, is carbonated and available at WalMart ($.68 for a 1 liter bottle). Also has ZERO sugar, calories, caffeine and sodium.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    This sentiment has always mystified me since water has no taste. I know it's not just you though.
    So even drinking it iced doesn't help? Herbal tea? Sparkling water? Try an infuser for fruit-infused water?
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Water isn't really something you drink for taste as such. I couldn't imagine drinking anything other than water when working out but I rarely drink it at any other time. I drink a lot of decaf but am going to try more herbal teas or hot water with a slice of lemon and see how I go.