Low Calorie White Chocolate and Raspberry Doughnut style cup

Options
Hi there, just thought I'd share my amazingly tasty treat! It's an adapted WeightWatchers recipe, and comes in at approximately 90 calories per cupcake, then depending on how much frosting you add on the cupcake can vary up to 150 calories.

So: White Chocolate and Raspberry Doughnut Style Cupcakes!

For the sponge:

100g (3 1/2oz) low fat polyunsaturated margarine
100g (3 1/2oz) caster sugar
175g (6 oz) self raising flour, sifted
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons skimmed milk
a few dollops of sugar free diabetic raspberry jam

For the filling
50g (1 3/4oz) white chocolate
150g (5 1/2oz) low fat soft cheese
2 tbsp icing sugar

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3/160oc/fan oven 140oc. Place 12 cupcake cases in a bun tray.

Place all the sponge ingredients together in a mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes.

Put one teaspoon of mixture in the bottom of each cupcake case, followed by half a teaspoon of raspberry jam. Then add another teaspoon of mixture on top of the jam, making sure it covers it completely.

Bake for 18-20 mins until risen and springy to the touch. Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.

Break up the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of gently simmering water until melted. Cool slightly, then beat in the soft cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Chill in the fridge until needed.

Wait for the cupcakes to cool, then add one teaspoons worth of frosting on top of each one.

ENJOY.

Replies

• ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks hun! i will definitely be trying that!
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    instead of using caster sugar, would using sweetener be the same? obv the weight would be different as 100g sweetener would be wayyyyy too much, but would it be the same effect but just lower cal????
  • Lovelystrumpet
    Options
    I'm sure it would be - I just didn't know what amount of sweetener would be correct, and also when I made them I just followed the basic ingredient list so I'd be sure on calories - but if you can tweak it accurately, let me know! As it'd be great to make them even less calorific :)