I need help starting the new year!

Options
I've finally got back into running after about 3 years of being dormant. It's easy to fall out of exercise if your doing it alone. Here comes the new year and I'm looking for some friends to push the motivation. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• dramamama06
    dramamama06 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you
  • shll13
    shll13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Adding you too! I fell off the exercise wagon too... One thing I cannot get in to is running! So I commend you for getting back on it!! Let's have a great start to the New Year!! - Michele
  • carmstrong1225
    carmstrong1225 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stick with running through the winter months as well! Congrats that you have started again. I have found that mixing up regular road/treadmill days with some easy trail runs on the weekends make it more fun for me!
  • starrmarch
    starrmarch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to start running period!
  • maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting running again. Can you find anyone to join you? Is there a local running store near you, they usually have group runs. Or is there a running group in your area? Running friends are always great and I like to have a race in the future for motivation. Maybe challenge yourself to run a certain distance every day in 2016 or a certain total distance in 2016. I like to use run keeper to record workouts and set goals. Good luck!