Does anyone still miss the full feeling

Options

Replies

• Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating snacks as well, now I eat larger meals 3x a day. I find that works better for me.
  • KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred larger meals over the 6 baby sized servings. I eat 2 large meals a day and one big snack.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I don't miss the overstuffed feeling, like others I actually find it unpleasant. But I still eat till I'm full, it just take a lot less to get me there and lasts a lot longer and I much prefer that!
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I miss the full feeling. I have to mentally stop myself from eating more otherwise I go way over my calorie limit.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I stopped having the feeling full after a while.
    All you can eats in particular- the only thing that made me stop eating was feeling guilty over wanting to eat when the rest of my family, including two males with fairly active jobs, were stuffed.

I read this as:

"The only thing that made me stop eating was feeling guilty over wanting to eat the rest of my family, including two males..."

LOL!
    New year's resolution: eat people ;)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    All you can eats in particular- the only thing that made me stop eating was feeling guilty over wanting to eat when the rest of my family, including two males with fairly active jobs, were stuffed.

I read this as:

"The only thing that made me stop eating was feeling guilty over wanting to eat the rest of my family, including two males..."

LOL!

Waaaaay OT but your avatar gives me a happy.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think the others are right. Your memory is fooling you. Being stuffed or really full was/is never any good.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

I read this as:

LOL!

Just be ethical about it. Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

I read this as:

LOL!

Just be ethical about it. Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

Ehh...too bitter for my taste.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm a volume eater, so even in a deficit I had LARGE meals. No spoonful of ice cream or tiny serving of pasta for me. I found low calorie things I loved, and ate a ton of them out of a mixing bowl.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I grew up with eating to overfull as the norm. I never liked it, but my brain still thinks that's the right way for me to eat. I never reflected on the meanings of "full" and "enough" :s Just a few days ago, I realised that when I eat, I just have to "top up" to tide me over until next meal, not "fill up" completely as if I'm never going to eat again.

Sometimes I feel uneasy when I leave the table and still have room for more - parts of my brain think that is heresy and give me this reaction:

2c8ee2ed4e2f8d7e2193e4479d19dc85.jpeg
  • allbandrelatednamesaretaken
    Options
    the only thing i miss is macaroni.

I'll find a recipe sometime.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes. On the rare occasion I let myself get really full, I remember how awful it feels!
  • Onmyway21
    Onmyway21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find now that I only seem to need that full feeling at night. Not sure what that's about except I know that I feel a little sad at the end of the day when eating is done. Usually I can counteract that by getting busy with something else, but I'm still practicing how to get myself to stop before I hit that "full" point. Always a work in progress!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    jontucc wrote: »
    I miss the full feeling. I have to mentally stop myself from eating more otherwise I go way over my calorie limit.

This.

• srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    You mean the slightly nauseated feeling? Not at all. That was one of the main reasons I decided to lose weight.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No, I'm usually full with all of my meals, even in a deficit. It's all about balancing your foods and making them work for you.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Nope. But then I've always had a tiny appetite and also food has never interested me- I'd rather be doing something else other than eating.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options

I read this as:

LOL!

<3<3<3
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    Nowadays, being "full" makes me feel like barfing and passing out.

Come to think of it, it's always made me feel that way. I just didn't realize it wasn't normal.

Pretty much this.