Weigh-ins

Options
Hey everyone. I was wondering about how many times a week or month do you weigh yourself? I don't want to too often because weight fluctuates but not sure how often.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Recognizing that fluctuations happen and using a tracking app that averages the numbers out (Hppy Scale, Libra, Trendweight) makes it easier.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I weigh once per week. Same day, same time, same scale. Otherwise, you'll drive yourself batty.

Once you start getting closer to your goal, I would start weighing even less often and go more by measurements, feeling, energy, etc.

But to each their own!
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    weekly
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost everyday, but I'm trying to cut back on that so I'm not obsessing so much on the numbers (I've been doing pretty good lately too) and only weighing in, measuring, and logging the results once a month. Most people weigh in once a week though and that seems to work for them. Just remember that it has to be consistent: use the same scale, weigh at the same time of day every time you weigh in, and on the same day (whether it be a day of the week or a certain date), if you choose not to weigh in everyday.
  • Bostonbee79
    Bostonbee79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, with full understanding that there will be fluctuations. I officially weigh in every Saturday morning and enter it on MFP.
  • cupcakesan512
    cupcakesan512 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you guys so much that really helps.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day. I realize that is a little extreme, however I use it as information and now completely understand how certain foods, exercise and time of month affect my weight. Because of that, the fluctuations of the scale don't bother me at all. It's all just information. If you take away the emotion tied to the scale, you can learn a lot from it. Use the scale as only 1 small piece of your measurement of success. Consider your habits, how you feel, how your clothes fit, your physical measurements, etc. The scale is really just a very small part of it.
  • cupcakesan512
    Options
    Ok thanks!
  • VeeGeeMom
    VeeGeeMom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    About every other day. Mostly just to get into the habit of paying attention to those numbers I have spent too many years ignoring a scale. Creating new habits now!
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Same day, same time and first thing in the morning. I picked Friday mornings as my day. That way if I go a little over on the weekend, I have a few extra days to make up for it. lol
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Since I'm back on weight loss mode, I weigh myself every day - at least twice - morning, night. For me, it's the only way to stay accountable to myself - otherwise, I start wondering what my weight is, and obsessing about it.
  • shrinkerdi
    shrinkerdi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started my new diet plan today. In weight loss mode I will weigh in every day to track progress and to know if I'm on a plateau. Once I get to my goal, probably once a week.
  • ryjaaah
    ryjaaah Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself after every hour, it's depressing.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    ryjaaah wrote: »

No! Do not do this... if anything, extend it to every 2 weeks or every month. It should not be something you obsess about.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    ryjaaah wrote: »

If this is true, you should speak with a professional. Weight fluctuates every hour depending on what you eat/drink/do.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I'm trying to learn which foods affect my water gain.
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    weekly just to see how I'm doing but every 1st of the month is my official weight-in day
  • cupcakesan512
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone. I don't want to obsess over it so I will probably do it every 2-3 weeks.
  • cupcakesan512
    Options
    Also, feel free to add me as a friend!