Just looking for people who want to keep each other motivated

Options
Hello, I am type 2 diabetic and have been for 16 years. Just looking for people who want to keep incouraging each other to keep with the plan. We don't all need to be on the same plan but just help each other.

Replies

• Andersonhea
    Andersonhea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am beginning my weightloss journey again and really could use support. I have hypothyroidism and bouts of mild depression so losing any weight has been/ is extremely difficult. I would love to support others and share our successes.
  • thyslop2014
    thyslop2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • Leezimaj
    Leezimaj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am here!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I am not new to MFP but feel free to add me, always looking to add new and active friends.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I am not new to MFP but feel free to add me, always looking to add new and active friends.

I'm not new either, but new friends are always welcome!!
  • KnordRW
    KnordRW Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm always open to help with motivation (and need some myself to keep myself accountable and on track), so feel free to add me.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me been on here for few years but needed to start afresh been logging for last 35 days. UK based
  • colleenprzybyla
    colleenprzybyla Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a month and lost 5lbs with ALOT of commitment. I'll add you! All of my friends have disappeared from my feed. I need some support here too;)
  • Andersonhea
    Options
    I would like to add you all as friends but I don't know how. Can anyone tell me how?
  • thyslop2014
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nice to see everyone! I have done MFP a while ago but then lost motivation. So I'm trying again! Love to see the success stories.
  • thyslop2014
    Options
    Andersonhea im not sure how to add friends either. I have been trying but I can't figure it out.
  • GAB2008
    GAB2008 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Like many of you, I have had an inactive MFP account for a long time. I recently experienced a reality check and am feeling incredibility motivated again. I'm ready to take control of my health! However, I fear this feeling will fade like most New Year's resolutions. Any advice on how to preserve this motivation through 2016?
  • GAB2008
    GAB2008 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To add friends, click the user name of the friend you wish to add. It will open up a small screen and give you the option of sending a message or ignoring them. Instead, click on the username again to be directed to their profile. Near the top of the profile is an "add friend" button to click.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,229 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'd like to join you as well please! I've been on and off MFP for a couple of years but am making a new start. Blood sugar is getting a bit high and don't want to end up with diabetes! Look forward to giving/receiving support here!
  • Wambrose77
    Wambrose77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I too am looking for other folks for motivation and camaraderie. I am not exactly new to MFP but use it every day to track and maintain. :)
  • Raylo2006
    Raylo2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm three months post spinal surgery and am stupidly limited in what I'm allowed to do, would love some support and motivation as I navigate MFP, have my very annoying but required four half hour lay downs per day along with rehab and looking after a five year old!!! Comfort food is so appealing right now
  • thyslop2014
    Options
    So I went to a nutritionist today. And she has told me to start drinking apple cider vinegar everday
  • Andersonhea
    Options
    What does the apple cider vinegar do? Sound like it would taste awful! Let us know if it helps.
  • kev6686
    kev6686 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I will give advice where I can. Eat clean train dirty
  • thyslop2014
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It taste awful. But drinking day two!