emotional eating HELP

Options
Hi. I am an emotional eater. I eat when I'm stressed, angry, sad, happy!!! I need to find coping mechanisms that don't involve food so I can break the cycle...Any ideas???

Replies

• jpierce8806
    Options
    I have a problem with this too. You may want to try journaling or working out when you're stressed. :)
  • May4thbewithme2015
    May4thbewithme2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hun i wish i knew myself to help... I always just try to force myself to drink water.. or get low calorie or 0 calorie sugar free stuff that wont mess me up as much.. good luck
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    yep! at work....emotionally chew gum or walk on break. at home...emotionally jump on the elliptical (i do) or walk or hike. dance.....my gf uses xbox kinect to workout. etc hope this helps. oh!! throw stuff out thats bad .....seriously.....i gave a leftover 12 pack of beer to my neighbor so i wouldnt get tempted. ok.....i snuck over and had ONE :)
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Exercise?

Seriously though, you need to find something that takes your mind off of the food for as long as possible. I started using exercise for this whenever possible. I go walking for an hour because that way I'm not anywhere around the food that I want to eat and by the time I get back I don't want to waste all that exercise on a few cookies.

I still have bad days where I eat everything in sight, but I seem to have more good days than bad so my weight has been going down.
  • pange78
    pange78 Posts: 7
    Options
    thats a good idea...was thinking of doing a blog on here but thought noone would really be interested in hearing me go on and on but hadn't thought what it might offer me - a way of unloading and reflecting...I'll give it a go!
  • pange78
    Options
    I have a problem with this too. You may want to try journaling or working out when you're stressed. :)

thats a good idea...was thinking of doing a blog on here but thought noone would really be interested in hearing me go on and on but hadn't thought what it might offer me - a way of unloading and reflecting...I'll give it a go!
  • pange78
    Options
    yep! at work....emotionally chew gum or walk on break. at home...emotionally jump on the elliptical (i do) or walk or hike. dance.....my gf uses xbox kinect to workout. etc hope this helps. oh!! throw stuff out thats bad .....seriously.....i gave a leftover 12 pack of beer to my neighbor so i wouldnt get tempted. ok.....i snuck over and had ONE :)

ok, channel emotion into excercise. Thanks