Any knife enthusiasts?

Options
The title explains it, are there any fellow knife lovers here? :D

If so, what is your favorite knife (or favorite knives) ?

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Kitchen knives?
  • curtisperk
    curtisperk Posts: 27
    Options
    Kitchen knives?

Lol any knives. Kitchen, survival, hunting, etc...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Well, do you want just knifes, or swords and daggers?

As for knifes, nothing, and I mean nothing beats a good old fashion Bowie Knife. I myself have one with a axe on the other side. I also have a butterfly knife, many pocket knifes, and a machete. I don't have alot of money so i don't invest in the better pocket knifes. So I'm not really sure about brands.
  • curtisperk
    curtisperk Posts: 27
    Options
    Well, do you want just knifes, or swords and daggers?

As for knifes, nothing, and I mean nothing beats a good old fashion Bowie Knife. I myself have one with a axe on the other side. I also have a butterfly knife, many pocket knifes, and a machete. I don't have alot of money so i don't invest in the better pocket knifes. So I'm not really sure about brands.

Pretty much anything that has a sharp blade with a handle :P
    I have a Gerber survival knife, and it seems to be holding up to the tests I've put it through.
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I collect Japanese samurai swords - I have a Shimada wakizashi sword from the Muromachi period (15th-16th century). Wakizashi are shorter than the katana, with a blade of about 50 cm. I think they were worn with a katana, and were "backup sword". I have a wooden katana as well that I received as a present in high school, but I coulnd't ship it to the UK so it is still in my mum and dad's old house.

My partner collects machetes for outdoor use; he finds them better for chopping wood than an axe, and easier on the wrist due to weight distribution. We have a few antique numbers we take camping with us.

That does make me sound a tad scary though! Im a very peaceful person, honest!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I have a couple Japanese hand-folded steel kitchen knives that are AMAZING. You can't beat a Japanese knife!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I heart my Wustof Classic 16cm Chef's Knife.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I made a shank in prison.....does that count?

OK OK OK, my ginsu knife set I got off the Home Shopping Network and my pair of butterfly knifes from the Alsip Fea Market!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Paring knife fo sho.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I'm not really knife guy, but I do love my Global chef's knife. I also have a Spyderco Sharpmaker to keep it sharp, because I took it to get sharpened once and they made it worse. I had to take matters into my own hands.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Me! I forge my own knives. It's a blast.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Not really, but I like guns, does that count?!?!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have a Swiss Army knife, but I'm not terribly enthusiastic about it.

P.S. Please don't cut me for my lack of enthusiasm on the knife enthusiast thread.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have a knife that I use to clean my teeth with. and my nails. and my eyes. but also I like my safety scissors. do those count? ;D
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Not really, but I like guns, does that count?!?!

Can I be your friend?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    If you could have any knife in the world, what would it be?

Zero Tolerance Satin Jack Busse Knife
  • zundelag
    zundelag Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Love knives, I have a collection of pocket knives at the moment. My newest is a Gerber, but I am particularly fond of CRKTs. I'm hoping to inherit my dad's Machete in the DISTANT future.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have a Swiss Army knife, but I'm not terribly enthusiastic about it.

P.S. Please don't cut me for my lack of enthusiasm on the knife enthusiast thread.

But, but... they have tiny scissors. That's the tiny knife equivalent of unicorns crapping rainbows.
  • newmein2011
    Options
    My husband creates STONE knives! Check them out: www.flintstoneandbonecreations.com ~ Check under the "Stone" tab.