Help I am New

Options
Hi my name is Sweet assurance. I am feeling a bit scared. I am new and could use the support from other members. I am not sure where to start or how to go about it. Does anyone have any ideas? I am determined to make a change and I believe that this is the year that it is going to happen.

I know I need help I went from 125 to 189 in the last decade. I have a few works out videos but for some reason I just can’t get myself to be motivated, I could use the support from any one and everyone that has been in a situation like this before. Thanks

Replies

• sweetassurance
    Options
    Hi my name is Sweet assurance. I am feeling a bit scared. I am new and could use the support from other members. I am not sure where to start or how to go about it. Does anyone have any ideas? I am determined to make a change and I believe that this is the year that it is going to happen.

I know I need help I went from 125 to 189 in the last decade. I have a few works out videos but for some reason I just can’t get myself to be motivated, I could use the support from any one and everyone that has been in a situation like this before. Thanks
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    All I can say is you just got to get it in your head that you need to do this and get up and do it!!
    398720047.gif
    You need to drink your water and eat the right amount of set calories and exercise as much as you can. You can do this! Don't give up!!
    105116310.gif
    We all support each other on here and we know you can do this too!!
    Good luck!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We are all here this site is great and there are soooo many supportive people on here. Start with baby steps a little at a time and make it stick, that is what I am doing. A little exercise 15-30 min a few days a week to start and eat your calories on your food diary page. Log your food and you can do it! Post if you need us and we'll come typing. (Since it's hard to run in a computer screen!) :bigsmile:
    Amy
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I have work out video's also but I perfer to walk. If you can get a walking partner it is fun. But if for some reason the person can't go one day or something go anyways. I do. I enjoy the weather no matter what it is. Or if you don't want to walk outside then go to the mall. At least that is what folks do here. But out where I live their are hills to go up and down and lots of dogs to talk to and horses. It is a great feeling to be outside with all of mother nature. So good luck in what ever you do. Their are a lot of great people on this sight and I feel like we have a lot of support. So were here if you need us. :flowerforyou:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Thank you Renae. I need to learn to do just that. I guess it starts with starting to love yourself first and working out. I use to do just that and I went from 170 to 146 in 3 months on just working out and watching what I ate and I mean limiting my fast food and soaking out the grease from my fries. I did this about 8 years ago and I was able to sustain my weight but not anymore. Although I drink water and rarely eat out, I can not get the weight off rather I seem to be putting it on. I know this does not make sense and the doctors can’t find anything wrong but hopefully I will learn a lot of new things on this site.
  • MissRosie
    MissRosie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can DO it! Maybe workout videos isn't your thing (it isn't mine). I'd rather take my dog for a walk!!! Find something you actually enjoy like roller bladeing, bike riding, walking in the park. I can pretty much do anything if I'm listening to my ipod or watching TV (I love that my gym has individual TVs!) Also if your not a HUGE exercise person start with reducing your calories and focus on your diet. I've lost nearly 20 pounds with diet alone. Now my focus is more activity. You can do it. Whenever you're feeling like you want 2nds or your too tired to exercise, ask yourself, "how bad do I want this?" It's SO rewarding to lose weight, so STICK with it, you'll be so happy you did!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Like the others said, take baby steps. You make little changes every day/week. Increase the amount of water you drink. Increase the amount of moving you do, walking, jumping jacks. Regarding the exercise, if you aren't motivated my the dvds maybe they aren't the ones for you. Personally I like really upbeat music on my workout dvds. I love TurboJam! If getting new dvds isn't in the budget, sometimes your local library will carry some. Give them a call and check. A buddy is always helpful, whether it is local to team up with or a friend on here to message. (Feel free to send me a message). Someone to keep tabs on what you are doing to become healthier is always helpful. I totally understand your weight gain. In May 2005 I weighed 115 lbs and in August 2008 I weighed 151 lbs. :grumble: But I am now down to 136 lbs and working my way down. You can do this, just believe in yourself. Always make a post if you are in need of help, there are several people that are able to help you that have been in the same situation.

Good Luck on your journey!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. We are here for you, night or day!

Start reading: there are a lot of really smart really nice people here. This is a great place to start -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    :heart: Ahhh all you are so sweet. I feel motivated already I hope I can stick to it.

AmyNlas Vegas, 15-30 minutes a day seems fair. I home school my kids therefore I do have the time.

I have all kinds of different videos I guess I was so used to going to the Gym that when I see the videos I miss going to one. I had to move to the boarder due to a family situation and I have not found a Gym that I can call safe. Therefore, I do not go.

Missrosie, I love to rollerblade. Unfortunately the only safe place is at the park and we can only make it there maybe twice a months but it is a great Idea I love out doors.

Nwfamilygal, thanks for your encouragement. I love that picture of your dog. What a cutie.

Jacqueline, wow how did you manage to loose that weight so quick? What did you do?

CmRiverside, thank you for that link. Yes I will star reading. I am grateful for all the support I have received. Hope I can do this I am sure going to try. :blushing:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    O.k. call it instructions for dummies lol... but how to I get these scales on my own page? And how do I work them? Can anyone please guide me? Thank you?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    O.k. call it instructions for dummies lol... but how to I get these scales on my own page? And how do I work them? Can anyone please guide me? Thank you?
    you want a ticker? go to tools and find ticker. pick one out. copy the code. go to settings and change name forum and post the code there and it should work for ya!
  • Guppy
    Guppy Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey you!! I am new to this site as well :wink: I had a similar situation - I weighed about 120 lbs - went to college - got married - and ended up at around 170 lbs. about 5 years ago. I finally ended up losing the weight when I realized that nothing was fitting and that I was overweight...anyway...RUNNING was my answer. I started out doing the run/walk thing and before I knew it I was able to run 5 miles no problems :smile: My clothes c lothes were loose on me and the weight just came off !! Well...I was also was eating super healhty - low low fat diet but would allow myself a little treat every day (wine and cheese!!)

Anyway - you can totally do this!!! Just take baby steps and you will get there!!! And...if you can...try a run/walk program - I truly believe that this added to a good diet can help anyone lose weight:drinker: In addition ---- you may become addicted to running...I dunno...just saying.....:laugh: