Exercises that dont strain your arms?

Options
Hi guys!
I was (finally) diagnosed with Tendosynovitis today after a few months trying to figure out what was wrong, I had to get a cortisone/steroid shot in my right arm (its in both but the right is much worse so only got the shot in the right arm) and I have to rest it for 3 weeks. No straining, using it as little as I can and wearing a custom brace at night while icing it for 10 minutes at a time.

Considering I've been trying to do some strength training lately, I'm a total newbie so crunches/mountain climbers/lifting a little just simple stuff but I can't put weight on my arm now for a while until its healed. So since it will be a while, what (other than walking) can I do for exercise and etc? I have limited ability to be able to go to the gym, I rely on others for transportation and its a ways away. Where I live there's no walking around outside (would get hit by a car lol) so I'm just trying to figure something out. If I sit around it makes my arthritis flare up.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Sorry for my newbie-ness lol. I'm trying to learn :P

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Got a flight of stairs in your house/building? Up and down.
    Boxer shuffle/running in place gets old real fast.
    Dance routines/cardio exercises off YouTube?
    Internet walking is place sites?

Just some random thoughts. Get well soon.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike. You don't need to hold on.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Lots of deep knee bends (squats without weights)
  • myssjaxson
    myssjaxson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll definitely try those. And I have 4 flights of stairs in my house, I didn't even think about that! My issue is things I don't need equipment for, since I can't afford to buy it and my gym issue makes it hard to go often. When I do go I'm going to increase my time there though. I also decreased my calories a little since I had them increased from doing so much. Hoping it'll heal quick and I can get back to training.