Any ED survivors out there?

Please add me! I struggled with bulimia for 5 years and I have been free of my ED for about a year now. I am committed to a healthy lifestyle, not an obsessive one! :)

Replies

• Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    I struggled with bulimia about ten years ago, but it was more of a control thing (related to my OCD) than a body-image thing. Now that I'm looking to lose weight, I have to be very careful to do it in a healthy manner, because I know how easy it is for me to fall into the trap of ED.

You are more than welcome to add me if you ever want to talk about it, or if you just need support from someone else who has been there.
  • lora2016
    lora2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks @kyrenora! I'm glad you're doing better. I sent you a request :)
  • kacantolina
    kacantolina Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, all! I'm recovered from bulimia as well, and unfortunately have gained weight from it that I'm trying to lose back without over-exercising or purging. I'd love to be part of a community of people who are going through the same thing! So many bulimia recovery resources I see don't talk about what it's like trying to have a healthy diet after bulimia...
  • lora2016
    edited December 2015
    Hey, all! I'm recovered from bulimia as well, and unfortunately have gained weight from it that I'm trying to lose back without over-exercising or purging. I'd love to be part of a community of people who are going through the same thing! So many bulimia recovery resources I see don't talk about what it's like trying to have a healthy diet after bulimia...

Hi! Thanks for your response! I gained a lot of weight from bulimia too, but I managed to lose some. Who knew normal eating could do that?? I'd love for us to support each other in healthy weight loss!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I'm mostly recovered from anorexia binge/ purge. I did the hospitalization refeeds and day hospitalization plus outpatient
  • lora2016
    I'm mostly recovered from anorexia binge/ purge. I did the hospitalization refeeds and day hospitalization plus outpatient

Good for you! Thanks for posting. Add me if you'd like
  • coachrebecca
    coachrebecca Posts: 4 Member
    Yes a restrictor and COE recovered 8 years