Looking for friends/motivators

Options
In my daily life I have a few friends and family members who "cheer me on", but I'm looking for more friends/motivators as I once again start this battle to get my health and weight under control.

Replies

• lresetz
    lresetz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We all need motivators to help us battle this fight. I have a hard time with willpower. I want to lose weight real bad but sometimes don't have the "fight" in me so I totally understand where you are coming from. I think this website is a good start.
  • jaymers9709
    jaymers9709 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you iresetz
  • zcash_91
    zcash_91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs some motivation! Your goal is achievable just stick to it! It'll be worth it!
  • jaymers9709
    Options
    Thank you
  • christinemariebreeze
    Options
    I need a buddy too. Want to try and connect?
  • gmoneyfitness
    gmoneyfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In my daily life I have a few friends and family members who "cheer me on", but I'm looking for more friends/motivators as I once again start this battle to get my health and weight under control.

Gud luck. Don't give up no matter what!
  • noots48
    noots48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It would be good to connect with a "buddy". I am 67 years old and live in New South Wales, Australia. Is there any lady out there of a similar age and in NSW who would like to be my buddy? I am 154 cm tall and today weighed in at 63 kg. I want to lose 7 kg, but my first goal to get under 60 kg to get my BMI to <25.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    keep going no matter what - even if you slip, get up asap and get back on to it. My advice is get loads of friends here and talk with them daily - even if its a comment on their diary. Integrate MFP and exercise into your life. Make it what you do (as well as everything else you do of course) and you will do fine. Good luck with it.
  • petershankman
    petershankman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add/request me! I'm down 30 pounds, got a ways to go to get where I want, but day by day! :)

-Peter

• jaymers9709
    Options
    Thank you all for the words of wisdom.
    I looked but can't seem to find how to friend request people
  • Leesani16
    Leesani16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hi! I just joined MFP tonight. So thankful I decided to take this journey and change my life. I'm so impressed with the stories here and would love to add friends, as well! Jaymers I'll send you a friend request. What is your goal? Mine: 45lbs.
  • jaymers9709
    Options
    My goal is 57 lbs
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I could use a few cheerleaders too. Will send you a friend request Jaymers.
  • MithrilMermaid2016
    MithrilMermaid2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me, too! Losing 66 in 2016!
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I second what Davert said. Through good days and bad days, keep communicating with the members here. It will keep you motivated!
  • jaymers9709
    Options
    Appreciate it :)
  • Bonnievegan
    Bonnievegan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Since April I have lost 54 kilos, I am happy to be friends on here if anyone needs help staying on track!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thank you all for the words of wisdom.
    I looked but can't seem to find how to friend request people

Click on the person's username and you should get to their page. Then, click on the little person with the add sign at the top right of the page to send a friend request. Tell them a little about yourself when you send the request. It makes it more likely that you will be accepted.

Try it out with my name. I have been on the site for almost a year and lost over 40lbs.