Looking for support snd friendship have a long journey ahead

Options
Hello! I am in search of positive and uplifting friends to help me out on this journey. I have struggled with my weight the majority of my life and I really need to take control once and for all. I have about 100 pounds to lose. Please add me if you are willing to help me see it through this time.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best .....Feel free to add me ...We got this :)
  • averylopez
    averylopez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me! I have lost over 110 lbs, kept the majority off over 14 years. Been a weight watchers follower for over 14 years but love MFP and this is the only tracking I do now. Good luck! One day at a time it's not a race but a journey.
  • oremgirl1
    oremgirl1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    averylopez wrote: »
    Hi there! Feel free to add me! I have lost over 110 lbs, kept the majority off over 14 years. Been a weight watchers follower for over 14 years but love MFP and this is the only tracking I do now. Good luck! One day at a time it's not a race but a journey.

That is amazing. I have dropped weight before but gained it back.
  • MarneyGibson
    MarneyGibson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've got 42 pounds to lose but have yo yo'd for years. its getting harder and harder to lose. I'm new to this forum. good luck with you journey - this looks like a fantastic place to get support.
  • ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have to lose that much also. Let's talk!
  • lauranow2016
    lauranow2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new too. Just started 5 minutes ago. Lol. I also have about 100 lbs to lose. Let's do it!!
  • lauranow2016
    Options
    Thanks for adding me. I hope we can encourage each other! Now here's a dumb question; how do I find people to add and then how do I add them?
  • oremgirl1
    oremgirl1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me. I hope we can encourage each other! Now here's a dumb question; how do I find people to add and then how do I add them?

I posted a couple of friend requests like this one. I have also responded to some others that they are free to add me. If they add you an alert will come up and you just accept them. For you to request is a little more tricky. There is probably an easier method than I use but I haven't found it yet. I click on the user name of the person I want to add. Then on the next screen I click their user name again. It takes you to their profile. Many are private so you don't see much. There is a little person with a plus icon in the upper right side of the page. If you click on that it takes you to the form to friend request. Like I said kind of tricky but it's all I know so far. Hope this helps!
  • lauranow2016
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Kim_K88
    Kim_K88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me, I too have struggled my whole life. No more!
  • misitaly1025
    misitaly1025 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies! I'm back at it! Let's go 2016!
  • MissPiixxii
    MissPiixxii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've got quite a bit to lose also, I'll add you :)
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting again but more motivated to change my lifestyle rather than just diet this time
    I'm setting myself mini goals which is every half a stone to keep me feeling motivated and like I'm achieving something
    My overall goal is 5 stone loss but I will probably set a further goal when I get to that
    I'm not quitting again, I'm just not. Add me and we can support each other along the way
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I've lost 15 pounds, but have 45 to go. I'm always happy to add supportive friends. :)
  • missesquirejd
    missesquirejd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm looking for some accountability buddies!
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I sent request, I have been overweight since a young teen. This is my second time using this app , so my weight now doesnt reflect my true loss.
  • Leesani16
    Leesani16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, as well -- just joined last night. I love the positive energy and support in some of the posts. This is great! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I definitely need the support and accountability, as well. My goal is 45lbs. Good luck!!
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! I found MFP about six weeks ago, and I am committed. :)
    It started with curiosity and a pedometer app, Pacer, which led to this.
    My way to fitness and feeling good about myself is through walking. Miles and miles and miles. 562 miles in November and December.
    Initially it was the *doing something* about it (feeling crappy about myself and my lack of activity) that I found so satisfying, but now that I'm averaging 10 miles per day -and have begun to lose a few pounds- I am finding that the exercise itself makes me feel fantastically energetic and optimistic.

I'm 47, with about 70 pounds to lose. And have no doubt that it can be done. :)

I'm willing to be friends with whomever wants to befriend me!
    -Stephanie
  • UK2NZ
    UK2NZ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Daft question - how do you add as a friend? I'm keen to lose 50lbs and would love some inspirations 'buddies'.
  • UK2NZ
    UK2NZ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right - just figured it out - await my friend requests.