i can't start dieting any more

Options
well since i got married and had my 2 kids i gained 29 kilograms ..i mananged to lose 7 permanantly ..but for 3 years every year i diet and reach 79 and then back rapidly to 88...the last time was in june till august i reached 77 by portion control and exercise and i was so happy and looking forward 66 which is the highest healthy weight for me ...but what happened is that i returned to binging and eating to stuffness and now i am 88 again ...

Replies

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You're right. No more "diets" for you. Instead, use MFP's calculations to see how many calories you should eat each day. As long as you eat fewer calories than you burn, you'll lose weight. There's nothing gimmicky about it.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    You're right. No more "diets" for you. Instead, use MFP's calculations to see how many calories you should eat each day. As long as you eat fewer calories than you burn, you'll lose weight. There's nothing gimmicky about it.

This. And if you think eating fewer calories than you burn is going to set you off into another binging episode, then start more slowly. Try setting your calorie goal to maintain your current weight, and do that for a while until you get used to eating consistently. Then try dropping into a deficit, a reasonable one!
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with distinctlybeautiful.
    Start slow and work your way down. This is what I'm doing currently.

I've recently read Intuitive Eating, which is a brilliant book for help around binge eating. It's been really helpful for me, can't speak highly enough of it.