single

Options
Scilluh
Scilluh Posts: 152
how meny people r single and looking for some one to help them and suport them in their jorney

Replies

• heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am. It's been tough finding anyone who will stick with me in the weight loss journey. other's in my office have started trying to lose weight, but I end up feeling like I"m forging ahead on my own while they look to me for inspiration. There's not a lot of support in that, just pressure to do well. On the bright side, that makes for good accountability :smile:
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm not single but still the support here is nice, we understand each other better when it comes to this food thing.:flowerforyou:
  • geri25
    geri25 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter if your single r married or in a relationship the support here is great
  • geri25
    geri25 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter if your single r married or in a relationship the support here is great
  • Scilluh
    Options
    heathally i know what you mean it is tough all ways being a leader but now i am just a fallower and that is not fun eather hope you find some one to help suport you and love you for you

vitawoman yes this site is great i get lots of suport but it is not the same has haveing someone you love and that loves you to help and suport you day in and day out i just wish i had a importent person in my life to help me when i am down and not doing well and to pat me on the back when i do a good job
  • Scilluh
    Options
    geri25 yes it is but like i said i just wish i had some one
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    geri25 yes it is but like i said i just wish i had some one

I know exactly how you feel!! I sometimes wish I had someone who would understand what I'm doing and appreciate it and just to be able to share my joys with... Actually, I introduced myself to some guys here.. :blushing: and while I did that, I really dont want them to think I'm a big flirt but if one of them turned out to be someone I can really relate to, that would be awesome! Unfortunately a lot of them are married and I dont encourage the wrong things!!
  • Scilluh
    Options
    yep that is my hole thing to but i am going to do my thing and if the right guy come along then fine but i am just not wanting to be a lone for ever i mean even a few good friends would help too
  • nicolerah
    Options
    sending a request!
  • Scilluh
    Options
    kk thanks
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think there is a lot to be said for being single while going through this process. I was in a relationship when I first started my weight-loss journey, and my then-boyfriend didn't really understand. He thought he was being supportive by telling me I didn't need to lose weight. Clearly, I did ... I was 5'2 and weighed 230 lbs, and it bothered me that he couldn't see where I was coming from.

It took me a long time to realize that he didn't really know me, and, as it turned out, I didn't know myself. We broke up a few months later, and I continued to lose weight by making significant lifestyle changes. Over the course of the next 6 months, I really came into my own as a person. I became so much more self-aware and clear about what I wanted in life.

I am 10 lbs from my original goal and 15 lbs from my new goal, and I have never been happier or more confident in my life. The truth is that I wasn't ready for a mature, adult relationship before, and now I know that I am because I figured out exactly who I am, and I did it relying totally on myself. I'm not sure I would have grown as much as a person if I hadn't been single during this process.
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm not single either but the hubby requires a high calorie diet so though he's super supportive, he doesn't fully understand.

I'm lucky in the sense that all of my immediate colleagues are all eating healthy as well, so we give each other encouragement and support through-out the day. Many of our non-work related conversations are centered around our new lifestyles. The thing about that though is that they aren't there in the evenings and on the weekends. MFP gives me around the clock support. I also feel that I can be a bit more open here as well.
  • nicolerah
    Options
    I think there is a lot to be said for being single while going through this process. I was in a relationship when I first started my weight-loss journey, and my then-boyfriend didn't really understand. He thought he was being supportive by telling me I didn't need to lose weight. Clearly, I did ... I was 5'2 and weighed 230 lbs, and it bothered me that he couldn't see where I was coming from.

It took me a long time to realize that he didn't really know me, and, as it turned out, I didn't know myself. We broke up a few months later, and I continued to lose weight by making significant lifestyle changes. Over the course of the next 6 months, I really came into my own as a person. I became so much more self-aware and clear about what I wanted in life.

I am 10 lbs from my original goal and 15 lbs from my new goal, and I have never been happier or more confident in my life. The truth is that I wasn't ready for a mature, adult relationship before, and now I know that I am because I figured out exactly who I am, and I did it relying totally on myself. I'm not sure I would have grown as much as a person if I hadn't been single during this process.

Very good points jq...

As a 36 year old woman who has gone through way more than I should, lol... I agree that we learn a lot more about ourselves when we deal with stuff alone... rather than leaning on someone else. It forces us to be much stronger and when we actually meet the "Mr Right", I guess we have much more to bring to the table in that relationship!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I actually find it easier to be single while I'm on this journey. No worries about what a significant other is eating for dinner, no guilt for spending time at the gym and on me. I know I won't allow this to change when I'm in a relationship, it just makes it more 'complicated' to look for someone to share those goals with.
  • Scilluh
    Options
    thanks to every one who has helped me i gess i just realy need to find where i am in life and use you guys to help me though this and loss the waight i want to loss
  • ImaMommaLlama
    Options
    I am single, and felt that I wasn't able to be as "in" the relationship when I didn't look good. I wanted to look good for myself AND for my boyfriend. I would hold us both back from doing things, because I didn't want him to be seen with me until I looked better. Given he's 6'2" and was only 140, he looked great in clothes....but he was extremely underweight. He had always dated BBW or plus size women, figuring we'd not judge based on looks. Even skinny people are not confident, and I don't think he motivated me to change.

He never complimented me on my looks, or I should say he very rarely. He was good about just loving me for me. Now that we've been apart for a year I've lost almost 80 pounds and I feel better each and every day. But, I do wish I had a partner to share the rest of this journey and celebrate with me. I am ready for someone to be in my life now!
  • smason1284
    smason1284 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I finally met someone who likes me for who I am and not how I look.

He supports me 100% on wanting to lose weight which I appreciate it helps me a ton get through the day
  • Scilluh
    Options
    smason1284 that is great i am happy for you
  • KJ514
    KJ514 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am single now after 20 yrs of marriage. I am finally able to take time for myself and make food choices based on what is best for me. Just remember that the only thing lonlier than being alone is being with the wrong person. Don't settle for just anyone. Losing the weight will help give the confidence to be picky and find the right person. I was really lost in my marriage and now I know who I am and what I can do. I can do a lot!
    Good luck to you! You are worth the effort!
  • Scilluh
    Options
    kj514 thanks for your kind words it helps a lot i was in what i thought was a good relationship and now i found out that it was not he broke my heart and now i am ok but i am looking to move on i was in the relationship for 4 years and your words just seam to help to ease some more of the pain thanks for the help