Binge eating tips

Options
I have been binge eating for like a month now, and by binging I mean thousands and thousands of calories and I feel so guilty. How do I move on and stop feeling so guilty and like I am not allowed to eat things? I jut feel like am such s huge caloric excess

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I have certain foods that I overeat so I try to limit buying them as often. Take a look at the foods that trigger your binging and if you can't moderate them try temporarily restricting them until you get a little more control over them.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Here is a tip I heard on a youtube video that helps me, just tell yourself that you can eat whatever food it is that you want to have, but FIRST you are going to eat a piece of fruit and drink a glass of water. For me this either stops me from wanting to binge or it greatly reduces the amount that I eat when I want to binge. Good luck!
  • milo_in_cali
    milo_in_cali Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me I learned that there are a few reasons. The first and easiest for me to fix was being ultra restrictive. What I mean was when I would cut out all of a certain food group, like carbs for instance, I would eventually go crazy and devour every carb in sight. Now I eat all foods even those that are not he healthiest. I just ensure I stay in my calorie goal.

The second issue is the harder one. Finding out what emotional triggers you have and finding healthy ways to deal with them.

I hope that helps, feel free to add me