Afraid to fail but have to try again

Options
Kittyglo145
Kittyglo145 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Happy new year. I am 52 and has lost weight and always gained it back. I like exercise classes like Power Pump and Bootcamp and really enjoy those so I know my problem is my diet. I am hoping that keeping track of calories in will make a difference this time. Maybe I'm not afraid of failure maybe I am afraid of success. If you feel the same way let me know we can be successful together. *** I am new using the MFP community forum so if you send me a friends request I will accept it. :)

Replies

• Vic8893
    Vic8893 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100%! I think I am afraid of the work it will take, and all of the changes that will take place. I have gotten comfortable the way I am now and that is the saddest part! I am ready for new changes for a better me, we can definitely do this together!!
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've also lost weight and gained it back! I'm trying to lose 50+ pounds now!
  • weegone126
    weegone126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm determined to start this year off right and make taking caring of my health a priority. Weight loss is where I need to start, 40-50 lbs. I've done it before and gained it back and now it's harder to get started. I'm hoping tat using My Fitness Pal will help. Happy New Year everyone. We can do this!
  • sjoslen
    sjoslen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am with you. 47 weight havery always struggled to keep weight off (35-40 excess lbs currently) Need good support group to keep me going. Want to get Healthy this year, no excuses.
  • jb3348mfp
    jb3348mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I lost 30 lbs and gained it all back. I'm starting again from today. I aim to lose that weight again before the end of the year and my 50th birthday. Wishing you every success!
  • lanerod
    lanerod Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can't succeed without some failures or stumbling blocks. I try not to focus on my weight loss to much, as long as I'm exercising regularly and consistently is my primary goal. My biggest problem is staying away from sweet treats! Good luck and I will accept friend requests for support.
  • Leesani16
    Leesani16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Vic8893 wrote: »
    I agree with you 100%! I think I am afraid of the work it will take, and all of the changes that will take place. I have gotten comfortable the way I am now and that is the saddest part! I am ready for new changes for a better me, we can definitely do this together!!

I agree! I think I make too many excuses why I can't or don't workout. It was easy to make excuses when you're not held accountable by anyone. I hope joining this community will help! I'll accept friend requests, as well -- I need the support!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You got this!!
  • Kittyglo145
    Kittyglo145 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

You got this!!

Thank you Tatajana, I hope joining the community and having the support will help.