Hello, just starting out...

Options
lolowjc05
lolowjc05 Posts: 22 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm trying to lose about 20 pounds and have pretty much yo-yo'd my whole life. Weight is a struggle for me but I'm hoping that this app and community will encourage me to stay on track. I would love to lose the weight and MAINTAIN! I am tired of the up and down, not only does it not feel good, take a toll on my body, but it also costs me a lot of money to have such a variety of clothes in various sizes. I am new to this whole community, blog type stuff but I know I need to be encouraged and choose to not be my only motivator. So, as cliche as it sounds, Happy New Year and I'm resoluting to lose but to manage to keep it off this time! Good luck to all that are in my same position!

Replies

• 365daystofitgirl
    365daystofitgirl Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi! Happy New Year! I'm in your same position. To me it's the same 10 pounds that go on and off. I practically cycle from really clean nutrition to super binging on sugary and fatty snacks. It's one of my resolutions to use food for fuel and to be conscious of what food and how much my body really needs. I will be keeping an instagram and snapchat diary too if you guys are also into that stuff let me know and I will add you. All the best for this new year. I'm sure you can do it.
  • lolowjc05
    Options
    Yup! Exactly, super clean eating to super "bad" eating back and forth. I like the food for fuel idea! You know, when the "Atkins" diet first came on the scene that's when I was introduced to eating all protein but having a "cheat" day once a week. I think that first put the whole idea of splurging in my head. Problem was a splurge turned into an all out free for all for too long! Cheat - one day, became 2-3 months! Then I would go right back to a super restriction diet. Working hard on saying no to that cycle in the new year.
  • 365daystofitgirl
    365daystofitgirl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Some of the things I'm going to try an do is plan my meals in advance and strategically around my workouts. As I will be working out first thing in the morning I will eat more carbs during that time and decrease them a bit towards the evening. I will also be doing more food prep on Sundays and freezing some family meals. Prepping my brekkie/lunch/snacks for work. It has to work!! lol
  • lolowjc05
    Options
    Good thoughts, I also like that your planning your carbs around the work out times. Yeah, I have to be careful to not eat too many bad carbs as I quickly gain weight with them!