Binge eating

Options
I used to be 95-98 lbs and 5'6 yes I know that's underweight, but I have been binge eating nearly everyday or every other day since thanksgiving at night. I'm now 106-110, I think I've had about 18 binges. I want to stop and I don't want to gain anymore weight. Help? I started to eat more frequently throughout the day like every three hours to prevent this but sometimes in ghe blink of an eye I lose motivation and think I'm already too far gone. I just need tips to prevent a binge from happening. When I say binge I'm talking like thousands and thousands of calories. I even get edema for days after binges

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you receiving any treatment for your eating disorder?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Speak to a professional, as you're still underweight.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Speak to a professional, as you're still underweight.

This
  • Monketo2002
    Monketo2002 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Your body is probably filling a calorie deficit, however if you continue at a healthy weight seek medical therapy
  • hstylesishot
    hstylesishot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm not at a deficit because I've been doing this for like a month
  • lcthatsit
    lcthatsit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Seek guidance from a body weight professional or different style forum. Most people here are trying to lose weight and may think you need to gain weight. Good Luck to you
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    many people find after they drop their weight far too low that they can binge for days...months...the solution is getting help so you never reach a weight in which your brain reverts back to a few thousand years ago when it was starved in the desert...
  • ctoavs76
    ctoavs76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As someone who has suffered from eating disorders in the past, the best advice I can give you is to seek professional help if you already haven't.
  • bologna111
    bologna111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Getting professional help is good advise. In the mean time, you could read the book "brain over binge" and try some of the authors strategies. It was very helpful for my binge eating.
  • bmb42
    bmb42 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Were you restricting before your binge? If so, this isn't uncommon. Your body is craving food. If this is the case, you should speak to someone.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I used to be 95-98 lbs and 5'6 yes I know that's underweight, but I have been binge eating nearly everyday or every other day since thanksgiving at night. I'm now 106-110, I think I've had about 18 binges. I want to stop and I don't want to gain anymore weight. Help? I started to eat more frequently throughout the day like every three hours to prevent this but sometimes in ghe blink of an eye I lose motivation and think I'm already too far gone. I just need tips to prevent a binge from happening. When I say binge I'm talking like thousands and thousands of calories. I even get edema for days after binges

Did you ever receive treatment for being underweight? If so, get back in touch with your team. If not, now is the time to reach out for professional help, both for the current binging, and how you got to be under 100 pounds in the first place.

Wishing you all the best.