Trouble sleeping

Options
Hey everyone, I noticed that while I do feel pretty good since I started eating better and exercising but i haven't been sleeping any better. I have always had problems sleeping but i was hoping with the change of lifestyle that i'd catch a few more Zs but nothing yet. Any one else have similar problems and what do you do to help fall asleep/stay asleep aside from prescription drugs? any and all sugestions welcome~!!

Replies

• MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    Hey everyone, I noticed that while I do feel pretty good since I started eating better and exercising but i haven't been sleeping any better. I have always had problems sleeping but i was hoping with the change of lifestyle that i'd catch a few more Zs but nothing yet. Any one else have similar problems and what do you do to help fall asleep/stay asleep aside from prescription drugs? any and all sugestions welcome~!!
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of problems falling asleep. I have to stretch first, have "spa" music playing, the room cold and the door closed with the lights off. Sometimes it takes up to two or three hours for me to fall asleep. I usually get about 4 hrs a night and catch a catnap right after work (about 5 min).
    I know I will get in hot water for this and I am not suggesting it but...if I really need sleep (sleeping pills don't work for me) I take a gravol. It usually works in about 15 min but it can make you spacey too.

If nothing else, try a new pillow with a great pillowcase and put a pillow under your knees.

Good luck.:yawn:
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    what is a gravol? hey if itll help and they possibility of death is relatively low, i'm all ears. lol :laugh:
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Its an antinausiant (sp?) you can get it at any pharmacy but you would probably have to ask for it. Most people take it for car sickness or motion sickness. It works for me for sleeping. My sister uses it for the same reason - has for years and she is pretty normal :laugh:

Charlene
  • frazzelmama
    Options
    I know something that may help you...you can purchase Melatonin, which your body produces naturally to make you sleepy, at any pharmacy...it's safe and inexpensive...i've gotten it at the dollar store for like $2...in fact, my children's doctor recommends it occasionally for the kids to help them fall asleep at night....I have given it to my kids when they have trouble falling asleep, it works wonderfully, and they don't wake up groggy the next day!