Gonna work on one new change each month for a full month until it STICKS!!

Options
Decided on the slow and steady approach. I'm at my life's highest weight and I feel like my skin can no longer stretch to contain my fat ( if that makes sense) and have a closet full of smaller clothes that are calling my name! I've been tracking my calories for about a week... Starting soon ( probably next week) I'll start to track and reduce my average caloric intake by 500-1000 calories!! Trying a behavioral change method to lose the weight this time rather than the diet method. :-) feeling optimistic!

Replies

• ladypil
    ladypil Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Your statement is very close to my situation. Thank you for sharing.
  • humbl3kay
    humbl3kay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So glad that the Lord let's us have people with the same situations. So we remember that we are not alone! Good luck to your health plan. You'll succeed I'm sure!
  • humbl3kay
    Options
    Logged for a week straight!! That is a huge accomplishment for me. So stoked!! :-D
  • decgirl66
    decgirl66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 49, and have been dating my fiancee for 2 yrs. I have also gained 20 pds in that 2yrs! (I chalk that up to being very happy! lol). We are getting married on March 12, and I want to lose at least 10 of those pds before then. I am 5'9" and 170 right now. I have used my fitness pal several times over the past year and never stuck with it. Wish me luck! (I work at the local YMCA and have a free membership, so I have no excuse to not exercise!) I need lost of positive motivation!!!
  • decgirl66
    Options
    humbl3kay wrote: »
    Logged for a week straight!! That is a huge accomplishment for me. So stoked!! :-D
    Good job!!!

• decgirl66
    Options
    humbl3kay wrote: »
    Decided on the slow and steady approach. I'm at my life's highest weight and I feel like my skin can no longer stretch to contain my fat ( if that makes sense) and have a closet full of smaller clothes that are calling my name! I've been tracking my calories for about a week... Starting soon ( probably next week) I'll start to track and reduce my average caloric intake by 500-1000 calories!! Trying a behavioral change method to lose the weight this time rather than the diet method. :-) feeling optimistic!

Keep up the great work! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • humbl3kay
    Options
    decgirl66 wrote: »
    I am 49, and have been dating my fiancee for 2 yrs. I have also gained 20 pds in that 2yrs! (I chalk that up to being very happy! lol). We are getting married on March 12, and I want to lose at least 10 of those pds before then. I am 5'9" and 170 right now. I have used my fitness pal several times over the past year and never stuck with it. Wish me luck! (I work at the local YMCA and have a free membership, so I have no excuse to not exercise!) I need lost of positive motivation!!!

Congratulations on the nuptials!! Good luck in your endevor!!! Take lots of pics no matter what your weight is on that day!!! When your look back on them you'll be glad you did!! :-)