Tea anyone?

Options

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I typically have English or Irish Breakfast Tea in the morning with milk and stevia, and either hot green tea (plain) or iced in hot weather, in the afternoon. I like a good jasmine green tea, hojicha (which is a more robust roasted green tea), or a green tea with mint. Green tea has a number of benefits, and is believed to be good for prostate cancer: http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20121018/green-tea-cancer-prevention-new-clues
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Ea
    EauRouge1 wrote: »
    I'm a massive tea drinker, I've always got a mug on the go. Black tea, I like Lady Grey (bit stronger-tasting than Earl Grey). I don't like plain green tea much but I love the flavoured ones- green tea and pomegranate is my favourite, also green tea with cranberry.

But I agree, green tea does bog all for weight loss. It does keep you hydrated and has almost zero calories though.

I read somewhere that oolong is meant to help with weight loss but I don't think there's any science behind it and it tastes like camel dung anyway.

Too funny. I love lady grey and feel it is milder than English Breakfast and Ear Grey. I chuckled at your comment about oolong tea which my husband loves. Ha ha.
  • jessa_douglas
    jessa_douglas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife tea.....pomegranate is my favorite.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll drink any kind of tea, but Stash's Pumpkin Spice and Celestial Seasonings' Candy Cane Lane and also their Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride are my faves!
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Rooibos is my fave :)
  • sandykaunisto
    sandykaunisto Posts: 18 Member
    Options
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I like many varieties of tea. I usually drink 2-5 cups of green tea per day and sometimes some black tea.
  • KNewer88
    KNewer88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yup, big fan of ceylon with a little milk and sugar.
  • KUAngie
    KUAngie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love green tea and any citrus flavor or notes in the tea. I usually have 2-3 cups of green tea a day. It doesn't necessarily help with weight loss. But it does replace my latte and coffe with lots of creamer habit.
  • bindwado
    bindwado Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I drink tea when I'm craving a glass of wine after dinner, so it really helps me keep down the calories! Green tea has caffeine though so not great in the evenings. Try adding fresh mint or ginger to black or herbal teas to give a flavour boost without artificial sweeteners.
    Adore Tea in Australia has a great range that you can purchase online :)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I adore tea and usually drink at least 2 or more cups a day- different brands and flavors- Love chai and lady grey
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love tea! I drink green tea for breakfast every day with a dash of stevia and a squeeze of lemon juice and then have a fruitier tea either a teavana orange blossom and youthberry or a pomegranate green tea later in the day without any sweeteners or lemon. Before bed I love a big mug of warm chamomile tea with just a little stevia.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee and tea drinker. I start my day with 2 cups of coffee and then through out the day I have a cup of English tea, green tea and then I end the day with cinnamon hibiscus herbal tea.
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    What are the best flavours of tea?

I think herbal tea smells delicious but tastes bad. I'm wondering if I should add some stevia to it?

Generally, I just drink English breakfast with some milk.
  • ClicquotBubbles
    ClicquotBubbles Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    PG Tips.

Yes! and Tetleys and at a push Typhoo.
  • tomw86
    tomw86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Black tea with a splash of milk first thing or I am a miserable sod all day. Green tea in the afternoons and evenings, currently Whittards Sencha or Zhejiang gunpowder tea. Green and white teas are an acquired taste for certain and it pays to brew them correctly.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a coffee fan. However, I do like Lipton Tea with stevia and lemon in it when I'm sick.
  • KareninLux
    Options
    sandykaunisto - love your picture!!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    bindwado wrote: »
    I drink tea when I'm craving a glass of wine after dinner, so it really helps me keep down the calories! Green tea has caffeine though so not great in the evenings. Try adding fresh mint or ginger to black or herbal teas to give a flavour boost without artificial sweeteners.
    Adore Tea in Australia has a great range that you can purchase online :)

Gonna try this - again. Need to substitute something for wine! lol
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The more tea I drink, the less likely I am to to feel the impulse to snack. I drink black and green tea varieties in the morning and herbal in the afternoon and evening. Trader Joe tea varieties are very good. I like their Chai and Pear & Ginger especially.