What to do?

Options
Does anyone hAve any good ideas about excercise that I can do at home. I am doing squats just now but need some cardio as well.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Get out and walk/run/cycle? Or dance around your lounge room?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Does it need to happen at home, or you mean just not in a gym / on your own? What equipment do you have? What do you like doing?
  • madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Have a look at fitnessblender.com They have tons of videos of complete workouts and a good search feature where you can search for the kind of training you want, time frame, and equipment you have available.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Insanity doesn't need any equipment
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I second Insanity. Amazon has a really good deal on P90X this time of year (same company) so you probably will find the same with Insanity.

I hate cardio but I do really like this. It's tough, but varied and definitely improves your fitness!
  • amynis1
    amynis1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've not got time for the gym by the time I get in from work, so it would need to be something to do at home, or near by. And I wouldn't go swimming! Not the best at it lol. I've started doing squats but need some cardio too. I have a bike thing but never used it!
  • amynis1
    amynis1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Is insanity a dvd?
  • lance2016mfp
    lance2016mfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Run in place, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, push-ups, high knees, lunges, squats, punches etc...that's just a few. I do all these and rotate them around for 30 minutes.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    There are some great body weight exercises on the Internet, YouTube etc. This one seems pretty popular and often recommended
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/bodyweight-training-resources/
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @star1407, you beat me to it! I love the nerd fitness routine.
    One can start easy, then build off it as you improve, and with no equipment it travels well :)

Cheers, h.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @star1407, you beat me to it! I love the nerd fitness routine.
    One can start easy, then build off it as you improve, and with no equipment it travels well :)

Cheers, h.

It's something I've recently been reading up on and I'm inclined to try it out. I have a chronic pain illness so I thought it might be a gentle way for me to add some exercise. Have you been doing it long? I'm interested in hearing your results if you'd like to share