Food Lovers Fat Loss System...

Options
I have been seeing the infomercial for Food Lovers Fat Loss System...I am almost hooked into buying it but want to know if anyone has tried it and if it works. www.TryFoodLovers.com

It is talking eating food in a certain combination to keep your blood sugar at a normal level...hmmm

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    They're probably just ripping of the glycemic index diet, which you can find out about by talking to a doctor or researching diabetes.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i have tried it and still do it and i love it. it is easy and u are never hungry.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I agree sounds like a form of the glycemic index - which you can check out for free -just google it! I do tend to have a bit more success and feel more energetic when I stick to low - medium GI foods. If I have a lot of high GI foods in any given day I tend to feel more sluggish and weak.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been considering this diet as well. It just sounds too good to be true.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this plan too. Anymore feedback anyone.
  • Bluemajestic
    Bluemajestic Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also have been interested in this program but refuse to pay money for programs like these. I am intrigued by the slow carb/fast carb/protein ratio combo and how it can affect your blood sugar levels. I agree with the previous posters that it is basically a GI diet and you can research it online. The only struggle I have is combining the food correctly and figuring out what to do for snacks.
  • cmh7770
    cmh7770 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started this program in Sept after seeing my 60 somethings cousins 41 lbs in 6 months. I lost 9.5 lbs in my first month and found it a refreshing system compared to others. But make no mistake you will be making smarter Choices and will be saying no to certain foods at certain times. What's great about this system is they give you day by day step by step info to help you learn how to do this. It's basically portion Control with specific guidelines on how to eat and,vombine your,fats and carbs. I just restarted today and plan on continuing until I reach my goal. Need to lose at least 30 lbd.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am sure it works - but almost every diet works as long as you adhere to it. Every successful diet is really just a calorie deficit sustained over time, whether you use someone's system or just plan your own.

So the things I would use to evaluate this or any other plan:
    1. Can you adhere to it? Can you adhere to it even after the "new diet" honeymoon period wears off?
    2. Does it teach you good eating habits for how to keep weight off after you lose it?
    3. Does it meet your energy and nutritional needs?
    4. If it's a paid system, is the money worth it versus just creating your own plan that gives a calorie deficit?
    5. If you have special medical or dietary needs, does this help?

Frankly, I would find it unnecessary unless I knew I had issues with high blood sugar and needed to control that with diet. Even then, I'm more the type to create my own plan and not use someone else's. I'd also rather take the money and buy some fitness equipment with it.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I am sure it works - but almost every diet works as long as you adhere to it. Every successful diet is really just a calorie deficit sustained over time, whether you use someone's system or just plan your own.

So the things I would use to evaluate this or any other plan:
    1. Can you adhere to it? Can you adhere to it even after the "new diet" honeymoon period wears off?
    2. Does it teach you good eating habits for how to keep weight off after you lose it?
    3. Does it meet your energy and nutritional needs?
    4. If it's a paid system, is the money worth it versus just creating your own plan that gives a calorie deficit?
    5. If you have special medical or dietary needs, does this help?

Frankly, I would find it unnecessary unless I knew I had issues with high blood sugar and needed to control that with diet. Even then, I'm more the type to create my own plan and not use someone else's. I'd also rather take the money and buy some fitness equipment with it.

This
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    You could buy the book at any bookstore for about $28
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/food-lovers-diet-penny-small/1103752956
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh, and reading some of the claims this diet site makes - a lot of it is pseudoscience. Talking about "fat burning" vs "starvation" mode, talking about "ramping up metabolism", demonizing insulin, etc. That is definitely a turn-off, I hate diet plans that rely on bogus, out of context, or misunderstood claims to sell their system.

The diet likely does work, but does so by simple math - eating fewer calories than you burn - and not by increasing your metabolism or anything. Frankly unless you're actually so low on caloric intake that you're experiencing the effects of severe malnutrition, your metabolism isn't going to change much.