looking for some friends and encouragement

Options
ash1220
ash1220 Posts: 33 Member
Hi everyone! I am reaching out to all of you for some friendship and encouragement along this weight loss journey. I have made a promise t myself that this is truly going to be the first day of my journey to a healthier me. I have started and stopped SO many times (as I know many of you have) and I am sick of the cycle. I want to shake this weight once and for all and start living the life I am missing out on. My husband works nights and that makes for a very bad situation for me. Once my 3 year old son goes to bed, I seem to spend the remaining hours before I go to bed watching tv and making multiple trips to the fridge and pantry. It needs to stop. I want to set a good example for my son and I want to live a long life with my family. Neither of those things are going to happen if I don't stop making excuses and get myself back in shape. I know that there are no magic pills & there is certainly no secret to losing weight and getting in shape. Will power and determination, yes. Overnight remedy, no. But I also know that a strong network of encouraging friends that are facing the same journey can make a HUGE difference. So I am turning to all of you for that support. I would be more than happy to be a source of encouragement to you too! Please add me as a friend if you would like to take this journey together!

Replies

• MyBabysMamma
    Options
    Hi Ash,
    I'm in the same boat as you.. It's all the time I spend alone that has me dipping my hand in the cookie jar, and the chocolate jar and every other jar. My bf works abroad and I'm home with the baby every night, him in bed at 7pm and me eating to pass the time. Vicious cycle I guess. If you want to add me do!!

Good luck. :)
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The folks here are really great. Extremely supportive!

Welcome!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    sent you a request!
  • brwneyedmandi
    brwneyedmandi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think most of us have been there (myself included.) Start, stop, start stop. I started P90x a month ago and have stuck with it for 34 days straight. I think that's a record! I'd love to send encouragement your way, I know how hard it is!
  • Metorks
    Metorks Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi Ash,

Welcome to MFP. I think you'll find all the support you need right here. One thing to keep in mind that has helped me is that slow and steady really does win the race. In my past efforts, I wanted to lose too much, too fast, and I always quit discouraged. It wasn't until I finally realized the truth--that it was going to take me quite a while to get to the weight and fitness level I desired--that I was able to slow down, and not worry about what the scale said every day. Trust me, if you just start off slow, you'll see results, and you'll pick up steam. Just don't over-exert yourself and end up discouraged or feeling like it's not worth it. We're here for you.

Add me as a friend.

Kevin
  • ash1220
    ash1220 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am feeling more encouraged already!