Friends and Encouragment

I've been using MFP for a few months now and I love it! I've finally (FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE) found a workout routine I like and have stuck with it for over a month now! I'm finding that I'm able to keep up the workouts, but my struggle is the DIET. I'm a woman who likes food....who doesn't? :) I've read it all, heard it all, and still....it's the one thing that's keeping me from actually losing weight. I'm 5'9, and 205 pounds. My goal is 150-155. With 50+ pounds to lose I could use motivation, recipes, tips, constructive criticism, etc.. My biggest struggle is sweets, complex carbs, and portion control. I'm on day 34 of P90x, hopefully I'll see results soon! :)

Replies

• cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    I am not doing the same routine as you are, but if you need a cheerleader and someone to ask recipe questiosn from. I am your woman. Feel free to add me.
  • curtisperk
    curtisperk Posts: 27
    I heard that the P90x program comes with recipes. Those would be a good start for the diet. Good luck!
  • Try planning your food for the day ahead of time. That way you can tweak it as needed in order to fit in your sweets. Keep up the good work!
  • shoshime
    shoshime Posts: 1
    Hi! I love food too. What works for me is finding things that satisfy a craving but don't go off the charts calorie wise. I like popchips, trader joes seaweed snacks, small bags of light microwave popcorn and the weight watchers fudge bars.

When i struggle with cravings or being hungry I try to distract myself and not to focus on it. I figure I can go nuts and "binge" or I can loose weight. I can't have both. I try to focus on the stuff I can have rather than the stuff I can't. Like amazing fresh strawberries with non fat greek yogurt. Stuff like that.

Chowhound is a good resource for recipes.

I also tell myself "progress not perfection." So if I "go off the wagon" I just don't beat myself up about it and go back to what I was doing.

I'm doing P90X too!