Looking for some help to keep me pushing on!!!

Options
JB0775
JB0775 Posts: 15 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I workout five days a week twice a day. But can't seem to lose anymore weight. Changing my eating and workouts for the new year. This time I am going to make it happen. So if you can help me keep pushing on then please help me push!!! I was 290 pounds 1 year ago. Now I am at 263.5 I feel that's not much for how much I workout.

Replies

• momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow. Sounds like things are tuff for u dear. I'm no professional but maybe u r eating more than u think. I could be wrong but that's an awfully long plateau. Try cutting back a bit more. They say 1500 Cals more or less is good starting point. Are u doing cardio or weight training? Maybe mix up ur workouts. If u do mostly cardio try adding weights. Or vice versa. Anyway. Don't give up on yourself. Keep logging on an trying and we r here to support u. Peace
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? You count and log everything? If you aren't losing, eat fewer calories.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can't outrun a bad diet. You don't need to work out a lot (or even at all) to lose weight if you eat right and measure everything.

I'm in the 240s now and eating 1800/2200 depending on whether it's a workout day or not (I workout three days a week). But I really keep myself to those calorie goals by preplanning each day's meals and using a food scale to ensure accurate portions.
  • kjspurr1
    kjspurr1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of working out! What kind of exercise are you doing?? If it's only cardio, then that might be why you're not losing as much weight as you'd like. All you need is about 20-30 mins/3 times a week of high intensity interval training for your cardio. Weight training is a must if you want to burn fat!! :)
  • JB0775
    JB0775 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you. I am eating about 2000 to 2500. That's what is says I should be eating to lose 2 pounds a week. Now as far as workouts go, I do splits. Morning Cardio for 45 min. After noon workout is strength training. I eat very clean, no fast food, no processed food. Lean meats, brown rice, veg. That's what most of my meal are.