Creating a recipe

Options
shathaway123
shathaway123 Posts: 13 Member
Is there a tutorial for creating recipes?

Replies

• ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Do you mean in general or inputting information on this site?

Generally speaking, just get creative. I taught myself how to cook about 7 years ago and I'm still learning. :) I would look up some ingredients of things you like and find some recipes to inspire you. For example, google tomatoes, basil, sauce recipes and a ton of spaghetti sauce recipes will pop up. Look through them to see what ingredients/supplies you have and put together something that sounds good to you, based on you having all the ingredients and knowing what all the steps are. You can always google substitutions as well so you know if you don't have one ingredient you can use something else. I like to remember that all that matters is, whatever I'm making tastes good to me. I don't have to win anyone else over with what I make. Luckily, my husband will eat pretty much whatever I make. ;) Have fun and don't stress too much.

For entering recipes on this site, just list your ingredients and amounts and make sure what it comes up with is accurate. Be sure to estimate your serving size as well, so it doesn't think that 6 servings of something is 1.
  • shathaway123
    shathaway123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise, I have been playing with the recipe builder. I also have noticed that when I import a recipe published, the calories are sometime way off. Ajax, you are lucky, my DH is kind of picky.