Hello and anyone else suffer from severe Fibro

Options
Hi there, this is the first time in my life I have done or had to do, anything like this. Exercise has always been a key part of my life and therefore, the weight has never been an issue. Unfortunately, over the past few years my health has deteriorated to the point that my existence is everyday pain, seizures and exhaustion. I have gained over 3 stone in less than a year. I do not have a big appetite and have a healthy diet. Fibromyalgia has reduced my metabolism, along with the medication plus the fact that I don't exercise, the weight has piled on. I am not looking for sympathy but I am interested to know if there is anyone else out there who is suffering the same? I am determined to get this weight off and I know that exercise can help with Fibro but it isn't as easy as that. Especially when I have non epileptic seizures that are caused by the pain!!!

Anyway that's it for now. I hope to find the "old me", well at least some of her, over the next few months.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Justine, I also suffer with a lot of pain and can not exercise. I am nearly 45 and would like to lose about 70lbs. Please add me and let's keep in touch.
  • kfrazi13
    kfrazi13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I struggle with severe fibro as well, you are not alone in this! I have very slowly been able to lose some weight and exercise, but it is much slower than most people so it's easy to become discouraged. Try to take baby steps and don't compare yourself to others who are not fighting the same physical battle. Feel free to add me :)
  • kanga820
    kanga820 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're all singing to the choir. I've been reading some of the of the blogs. Most of what everyone is saying is also my story.
    I fell @ work and it triggered fibromyalgia in 1999. It's been a up & down struggle. It's only by the grace of God that I won't give up.
    Yes, I'd like to be there to support and receive support.
  • yxlr8
    yxlr8 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, Iv had Fibro for 3 yrs. I crawled out of my fibro hole to be really for and healthy until injuring my back 18months ago so now I'm trying again. Feel free to add me
  • flick61
    flick61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Felicity and I'm a 54 year old grandmother from Australia. I have suffered from 'mild' fibro for a lot of years but over the last 12 months it has really amped up. I've gained 20kgs and now find that I'm suffering from IBS as well so I need help to plan out a diet and mild exercise routine. I'm from a small country town and there isn't a local gym/dietician that is equipped to help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like 2016 to be the year I claim back some of my life.