Anyone else shy and extremely awkward? :s

Options
I've used MFP before in the past but never really stuck with it.. But, it's that time, "new year, new me" blah blah :p so I thought maybe this time around, instead of trying to do it on my own, I should break out of my shell and actually try to be social and make friends :3 haha I don't know why I am so shy. even online when I'm hiding behind a screen. But I am motivated and determined now more than ever, it's time for me to grow, over come anxiety, and make some friends. Hopefully I can find some people as awkward as me and we can motivate each other :)

Replies

• mbryon
    mbryon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! You're not shy… just scrupulous, discerning, and refined and about who you associate with. An excellent quality! :smile: You can do this! You Got This! Make 2016 the best year yet! :smile:
  • Anniewilliams1979
    Options
    We all have bit of anxiety otherwise ........ well I am here and Ca me plait beaucoup ici ! welcome back a good choice 2016maykithappen
  • Anniewilliams1979
    Anniewilliams1979 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    to post above... Sorry not English it means "i love it here"..... french (sa mer play bo-koo ee-see)
    again A.S. welcome I'm a newbie also and will write in anglais next time.
  • lewis6042
    lewis6042 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Leigha and am feeling exactly the same!! slightly awkward and looking for support with battling the buldge
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just assume everyone you see online is socially awkward to some degree. Trying to become social from the ground up is a difficult task so I recommend signing up for social events or a team sport.

If you are just talking about adding MFP friends then just know that people toss out some BS motivational crap on their feed. That will not help you on your journey, you need to find the motivation inside of yourself and use the MFP friends to bounce ideas and tips off of.
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I won't impose myself on any shy people in this thread but all of you can feel free to add me!
  • mbryon
    mbryon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    C'est Nouveau, Essayez-Le.…. Small Minds make poor partners for fitness…. toting disparate memes based on Jungian psychology is a bit much in this day and age. A healthier approach is believing in yourself and not relying on Borg social events, but rather on sincere support (wherever you may find it). Drink up Billy! (*awkward*)
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    mbryon wrote: »
    Drink up Billy! (*awkward*)

h-h-hi mbyron.

• sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am pretty shy myself and have recently gotten some good motivating friends that is helping me to interact more with others. I vowed to make this my year to build my self confidence. I just posted my profile pic of my belly roll and believe me I am still blushing and trying to resist removing. I have been on mfp over a yr and it has taken me that long to break my shell
  • peck0247
    peck0247 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ArielSwaim wrote: »
    I've used MFP before in the past but never really stuck with it.. But, it's that time, "new year, new me" blah blah :p so I thought maybe this time around, instead of trying to do it on my own, I should break out of my shell and actually try to be social and make friends :3 haha I don't know why I am so shy. even online when I'm hiding behind a screen. But I am motivated and determined now more than ever, it's time for me to grow, over come anxiety, and make some friends. Hopefully I can find some people as awkward as me and we can motivate each other :)

I am pretty anxious myself and working on the not being shy part as well. Feel free to add me!