Is there anything out there that burns calories like Taebo b

Options
Cuz 10 minutes of Taebo and I'm DEAD and its just so hard for me!! But I love how many calories it burns!! So is there anything out there that burns the same calories as taebo but is easier/funner??

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    Keep up with the Tae Bo. I did it for most of my weight loss, and still do it today. You will find it gets easier as you go. I find it fun because it is challenging. There are easier levels of it that might be better for you. Look around an see.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Yes to above comment! YES YES YES

Keep doing Tae bo! It is hard at first, then a little easier, and just a teeny bit easier. It will always push you (at least it should). Billy Blanks is top dog in my book, I have loved his workouts for years!! :D

If you can't punch/kick as fast as him, just go at your own pace and start/stop when they do. You will get better/faster/stronger/fitter! you will!!! Keep going! :D
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I agree! Keep doing it!! It does get easier!! I also do Turbo Jam which is comparable to Tae Bo, actually I find the time goes faster with Turbo Jam!! But I love them both!!!!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is not quite as intense as Tae Bo but TURBO FIRE IS INCREDIBLE! You will love it and it will be the most amazing workout!
  • starbazaar
    Options
    Normally I walk each day with my girlfriend, but when she is not available or the weather is bad I do the 8 minute Taebo tape - Its just enough - stretching, then fast paced, then cool -down. It doesn't get boring but it gets the blood pumping and the energy up -
  • VirtuousJoy
    VirtuousJoy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes! Keep doing it! It gets easier. At first I could only do about 10-15 minutes of it, but shortly after I went up to 25, then 30, next thing you know I'm doing the whole 40 minutes!! You can do it!! :D
  • CarrieB23
    CarrieB23 Posts: 1
    Options
    ZUMBA! In an amazing work out and so much fun! You'll have to check it out! :flowerforyou:
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    Alright I'll try to keep up with it. Thanks yall! And I'll check out the Turbo jam and Turbo fire!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Turbo Fire def.
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    I just looked them up. I've got to get them! They look waay funner than taebo but I can see how they're close alike. Thanks so much yall!
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    INSANITY
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire for sure!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Sorry you aren't having fun with Tae Bo. Maybe after you work up some endurance you can come back to it and have fun? :) As long as you are going to exercise, may as well make it fun! I haven't tried Turbo Fire - i've been interested for a while though :D
  • jenrusow
    jenrusow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I second the Zumba suggestion... especially if you can go to a class in your area. You can search them out on the zumba website. Amazing workout and so much fun...
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is not quite as intense as Tae Bo but TURBO FIRE IS INCREDIBLE! You will love it and it will be the most amazing workout!

I totally agree! I burn anywhere from 450-1000 per workout! You start moving from the moment the music starts, and it's great music, so even the short workouts have a great burn. With Turbo Fire it's pretty easy to modify. That being said I'm sure there is a way to modify TaeBo: lower your arms, less jumping, etc.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi TiffyBear415_xx, are you new to Tae Bo? If so, which Tae Bo workout are you doing? If you are doing an advance workout, as a beginner, you will find it too hard.

I love Tae Bo, it's my number one workout. I have been doing Tae Bo off and on, since 1998. But, I've really gotten back full force with Tae Bo last year.

Stick with Tae Bo. Where do you buy your workouts? I do other kickboxing workouts as well, but I have to say that Tae Bo is at the top. I probably can give you suggestions.