160 to 125 with pics

Options

Replies

• gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! all of your hard work and dedication paid off! enjoy it!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • literarylin
    Options
    Your an inspiration!:smile:
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your numbers are so very similar to mine, that you are giving me hope! Thanks so much for posting.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Great job on your transformation!
  • momof4Oneal
    Options
    What a great feeling to know YOU DID IT! HUGE accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • tiggerlilly1001
    Options
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look great! Very inspirational!! Congrats!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Some of you are asking how I did this and how I did this so quickly.

I woke up on Jan. 1st, 2011 knowing I had to change something in my life. I took a good look on the inside of me and saw that I was depending on others to make me happy. My children, my husband, my work, my church etc....I was trying to make others like me in order to feel a sense of self-worth. And it dawned on me...THIS IS UP TO ME! No one will "like" me if I don't like myself first.

So I decided that I would start a workout and eating regimine on the following Monday, which happened to be Jan. 4th. I decided 5AM was the only time I could fit some ME time into my schedule. My days of using family and work as my excuse of not having enough time were officially over. And let me tell you, that was so liberating! Really, there are no excuses. If anyone has them, I do. But that's another post. :)

As far as what I did to succeed? I used MFP! YEAH!! I set the guidelines to lose 1lb per week. And that really worked for me. As I look back, I've lost roughly 32lbs over 5 months. That's less than a 1lb loss per week, so I don't think I lost too quickly. And toward the end when I started ramping up my exercise to lose, I also upped my calories by setting my goals to lose 1/2lb per week. I recorded my exercise everyday and was honest in recording my food intake. Calories in -- calories out. I changed my eating a little bit in that I eat much more "fresh" than I had before. I also eat a lot less "white" than I had before. But I didn't nix anything totally out of my diet. Fridays are a family pizza night and I never once skipped that outing. Instead I loaded up on the fresh fruit & veggies and only had 1 slice of pizza and sometimes I skipped the dessert. I still drank a beer or two or even a glass of red wine or two. But all those calories were recorded. I usually ate back my exercise calories. Most of them, anyways. There were a few days I went over, birthday celebrations or other family-type parties, but really, I never totally lost control and binged or lost my way on this journey.

Exercise? I started the 30 Day Shred in January and stuck with it. THen I did the JM 30 Day Slimdown. And I stuck with it. Then I started the C25K program and am sticking with that (3 days/week -- just having completed week 8) and mixing up my JM DVD's on my "off" days. I rest on Sundays. The Lord rested on Sundays so I can too. :wink: Only it's not a cheat day. It's a rest and non-recording day.

I went in this with the goal of a life-time change. Not a diet to lose weight and go back to my regular old eating habits. I've measured and counted food. I've enjoyed my foods. I've found out that I LOVE exercising and am excited to get out of bed in the morning to go workout. I know that sounds weird, but it's true.

Some people say 10, 20, 30lbs isn't a lot. For me each LB was huge! Consistant losing was motivation in itself. But I really feel that I'm finally in the right frame of mind and the right place in my life to make it happen. Sure, I want to look nice and maybe even try being a little sexy once in a while, but for this 35 year old mom of 3 -- it's really about me and finally doing somethign for myself. This makes me happy. This puts me in wonderful place where I can take care of others without the guilt and shame that I was always heaping on myself.

Oh, and I want to be clear -- none of this is "baby weight". My last bio daughter was born 12 years ago, lol. We are an adoptive family also, so that little munchkin you see in the "after" photo has nothing to do with any weight needed to be lost. The only culprit to blame is me. And I'm done with the blame. Life has so much more to offer when you take the lead and don't sit back and watch things pass you by. :happy:
  • murfto
    murfto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you from my heart. Very honest and nicely said. I truely believe that it is so about "no more excuses". I have been getting up at 4:30am or 5am to do my workout before work. I NEVER would of done that before but everyday I look at others on MFP who are doing so well and that is my inspiraton. For my friends that are starting to notice, they say " When do you have time to workout?" I tell them and they say that they could never do that. That used to be me. I also like that once in a while, you enjoy some time out and have a few beers! If I dont I will go back for sure.

I have lost 26 lbs since March 28th and I am 47 years old. I have lost 3 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my hips. I am doing the Power 90 program and just completed day 73. I am going on to Turbo Fire next.

Great job and again thank you for your story today. It was perfect timing for me!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good job!Love the family pic.so nice
    jane:drinker:
  • sarahkumba
    sarahkumba Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! just more motivation for me to get these last few pounds off!
  • aprebula
    aprebula Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! you've got the same start weight as me (i'm a newbie here so no weight lost yet) and we're the same height. i hope to get to 135, and if you can do it, then i will too! thanks for the inspiration!
  • mzkayvee
    mzkayvee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! :) Congrats! I can't wait to see my awesome results as well. :D
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You are so pretty and it's much more obvious when you're thin! Great job!
  • ohay
    ohay Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing and have a beautiful family :)
  • krlaws2
    krlaws2 Posts: 47
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Congrats!

You have a beautiful family!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and you DO look like a model!

Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!