Lost 2 lbs over Christmas!!

Options
It's a small victory, but one I'm proud of. I had 3 Christmas dinners last week, two turkey dinners and a spaghetti dinner, I definitely expected to gain a lb or 2, but I actually lost 2 lbs!!!! I had a baby 5 months ago and am already 7 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight! Sorry to boast but I knew this board would be supportive! Yay me lol

Replies

• jcross48
    jcross48 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That's is something to be proud of! Great job!
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That is great!!!... keep up the good work
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! (And I found those two pounds...LOL)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You are in the small minority to be able to claim losing weight over the holidays. Well done.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm jealy lol - well done :smiley:
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would not count that as a small victory - that's a massive win! Good job!
  • missmeee
    missmeee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Girl me too, it's weird I've been eating less and wasn't losing, I ate a lot Christmas and lost a couple pounds
  • aapayette
    aapayette Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) it definitely feels good knowing the hard work didn't go to waste for the holidays!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • ekoth_09
    ekoth_09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome victory!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • amethyst1973
    amethyst1973 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well done. I lost too. I didn't really over indulge, just a few bits one evening. I certainly feel better for not spending days feeling bloated. Have also done a lot of walking to make sure I hit 10,000 steps a day and I a, sure that helped.

Tonight though I will be over indulging. I am working nights and we are doing a New Year's Eve buffet so I will enjoy that with no guilt and get back to logging my food again tomorrow. Have still done a walk though so it hopefully won't be too bad.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done!

I ate stuff I shouldn't have done (have IBS) and put on 4.25lbs. Dropped a little bit and now up 2.75lbs.

Aim to do better next year :-)
  • BudhiRooh
    BudhiRooh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    great
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Well done. I was also shocked when I had lost over Christmas I had lost 5.8lbs
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yay you!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'd love for those who lost over Christmas to say exactly how much/ little they ate :smiley:
    For future experimentation of course :smiley:
  • Elen1a
    Elen1a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Coincidentally I also lost 2 ibs over Christmas, well done :). My weigh in before last was 18th December, and I hopped on the scales on NYE to see a 2 ib dip. Ate/ drank to maintenance on days I wasn't fasting, on fasting days I just tried to hold off until 6ish until I ate . Logged everything, I also did some pretty scary hours at work the past fortnight (50 odd hours a week) so I probably got a good workout rushing around like a headless chicken.

5 ibs to go for me now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!