Mom of two looking to get fit and lose weight:)

Options
Hi everyone,
I've only been on MFP for a few days but am really liking the tools that are provided. I am the mom of two great kids, 7 and 5, and have yo-yo-ed up and down so much over the past few years. Every time I finally get close to where I want to be I sabotage myself and the weight comes back...so frustrating! I'm ready to be accountable to myself and to others and would love some others to "lose" with.

Best wishes to all of the "losers" out there:)

Replies

• j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats on beginning this journey! I am also a mom of 2 kids (7 & 5)!!!

FRIEND REQUEST SENT!
  • krlaws2
    krlaws2 Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome! I am the mom of two kiddos too (almost 7 and 3). I love this site. Feel free to friend me.
  • Chipperoo23
    Options
    I'm a mom of one. But I've yo-yoed my whole life. I'm trying to drop the weight after baby --he's almost 15mo now, but keep sabatoging myself as well! Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome.!! You will enjoy it here.
  • Mandy♥
    Mandy♥ Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi I am also a mom of two A two year old girl and 3 year old boy. I am not the keto diet which is hight in fat and protein very low in carbs. I have been on it for one week today, I lost 4 pounds in water weight. Now i am in the fat burning stage. I work out 5-6 days a week four days heavy weights and two days on cardio. I also take oxyielite pro which is a super thermongenic. Its great. but i feel miserable not eating carbs. :cry: but well worth it. This weekend i will be able to load on carbs then back to no carbs for the week.
    :happy: MANDY♥ add as a friend.
  • Algmizzou
    Algmizzou Posts: 5
    Options
    Great to meet all of you! I'm looking forward to seeing you all around. Some of you have already had some great success, which motivates me to do well. I'm at 148 right now and would love to get down to 130....please keep me accountable!!! The mommies need to stick together:)
  • Algmizzou
    Options
    Amazing results lady! Awesome!
  • Mandy♥
    Mandy♥ Posts: 8
    Options
    OOPS I mean i am on the keto diet. hehe.. But its a great diet.
  • tara_jm
    tara_jm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of two as well (1.5 and 3.5). I was tracking using another program before I found this site. I love it! the challenge for me is working full time, making meals, playing with the kids and then still having energy to work out at night. I'm at 137 and hoping to get down to 125 eventually and lose my mama belly.

Feel free to friend me! I actually don't have any friends on here but I like checking out other people's food diarys.
  • Algmizzou
    Options
    Great to meet you Tara! I know what you mean about having enough energy at the end of the day. All I want to do is relax in the quiet after they go to bed. It's hard to workout during they day when your kids are younger like yours. I've been trying to work out in the morning while the kids play together. I guess we just have to try and fit it in whenever we can! Good luck! It looks like you're doing great so far.
  • tltadams
    tltadams Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm a mom of 2 boys. I have yo-yoed with my weight for the last 20 years. I started gaining when my husband and I got engaged and had to drop 10 lbs to fit in my wedding dress. That was the beginning. For the past 15 years I have been anywhere between 145 and 200. I'm currently 189 and have been between 165 and 195 for the past 4 years. I have lost the weight before so I know I can do it again. I just wish I could stop sabotaging myself and regaining it. My goal is to get to 155 and 33% body fat. I recently had a health screen at work. I found out my BMI is 33.5(obese) and my body fat is 44%. I have to get healthy, there is no other option. Excited about this journey and hoping not to have any setbacks this time.
  • MissyHarb
    MissyHarb Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi and welcom to MFP. I am new to this site as well and I think it will be very helpful to me and my journey. I am a mother of a 24 year old daughter and she is expecting her first child, so I am gonna be a grandma. I have yo-yo-ed pretty much for 24 years and I have just decided I want to get healthier for myself and my family. I joined MFP for support and the use of the tools to track my exercise and food. So Goodluck on your journey and feel free to friend me, maybe we can support each other along the way.
  • bklynG
    bklynG Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I am also new to this site. I also have two kids a daughter who is 15 and a son who is 9. I finally decided to lose weight and hopefully keep it off. I am looking forward to the start of the new me.
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP feel free to add me if you want. Love having people to support me as well as people to support! The support is whats kept me motivated the last year!