On the cliché New Year Resolution wagon. Any tips to working out at home?

Options
So for New Years I'm going back to being vegetarian and I want to workout everyday for at least 30 minutes. I want to drop least 20Ibs for 2016.
My issue is, whenever I try to workout I quickly lose motivation to continue because I haven't found any kind of workout I even slightly enjoy and doesn't feel like death.. Being that it's winter, I don't think walking would really do much, so I'd rather find some workout routines I can do at home. I'd like some fun HIIT workouts that I can build myself up to more calorie burning exercises, but if you can suggest some type of easy strength training or yoga I can try it'd help tons!

Replies

• punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When I don't feel like going out, I like to find workout videos on YouTube. I also live in an apartment building, so I have stairs I can walk/run.
  • Ebuka95
    Ebuka95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There's really no workout you'll "enjoy" from the jump you just gotta have the mind set that whatever you're doing is for the greater good and will help better yourself.....overtime you'll notice you actually now want to do it cuz you enjoy it. :)
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered some pretty awesome Kettle Bell routines that can be moderated to whatever intensity you desire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepe2BmqlYo
    Also, add me as a friend. I have some weight to lose and never mind the company!
  • asianick85
    asianick85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    30 minutes, that's all it takes, of absolutely anything. put on some music, put on some shorts, and do it. YOU WILL NEVER REGRET any exercise you do
  • chrissydawn
    chrissydawn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am starting again also ..I have found some different exercise videos on you tube and I can play them on my tv. Please add me if you want I'm looking for friends an motivation .
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My area isnt safe at night, not subscribe to gym, and I rent only a very very small room (no space to even do real push-ups). So I will be focusing my workout in room as well.

Alternating between jog on the spot, wall push-up and squats. I'm still a newbie and these dont burn much, but at least a little is better than nothing.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    So for New Years I'm going back to being vegetarian and I want to workout everyday for at least 30 minutes. I want to drop least 20Ibs for 2016.
    My issue is, whenever I try to workout I quickly lose motivation to continue because I haven't found any kind of workout I even slightly enjoy and doesn't feel like death.. Being that it's winter, I don't think walking would really do much, so I'd rather find some workout routines I can do at home. I'd like some fun HIIT workouts that I can build myself up to more calorie burning exercises, but if you can suggest some type of easy strength training or yoga I can try it'd help tons!

Yoga by Adriene is what I always do at home. It's on YouTube.
  • deshayvan
    deshayvan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have to trick myself into working out so I love to do dance to dvd's like Zumba or Shawn T. Or I crank up my jams and literally dance in my living room for an hour like I'm at the club lol. Do what works for you!!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    deshayvan wrote: »
    I have to trick myself into working out so I love to do dance to dvd's like Zumba or Shawn T. Or I crank up my jams and literally dance in my living room for an hour like I'm at the club lol. Do what works for you!!!

Shaun t is the *kitten*! I did two rounds of insanity, did hip hop abs, and I'm starting asylum tomorrow. Sagi from body beast is really fun too, but you need a lot of weights to do his videos.
  • vblood55
    vblood55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If u have kids workout with them. Make a game out of it. That's what i do and I listen to music when I workout.