Great Start to the New Year (130lbs lost)

draekin13
draekin13 Posts: 27 Member
What a great way to start the New Year. This morning I weighed myself, as I do almost every morning, and I finally dropped under 220 pounds. That is over 130 lost since I started. When I started at 350 pounds my initial goal was 220 so hitting this mark is a big deal to me however I realized about 20 pounds ago that I was not going to be happy with making it to 220 but I still wanted to celebrate this success.

Posting this I hope I can help anyone else out there on this same journey. I think the thing that has helped the most is that I know that there are going to be ups and downs and to just keep an eye on the big picture and make sure my trend line stays on a downward path. To do this I created an excel spreadsheet with my (nearly) daily weigh in (I didn’t like the reports available from MFP). I was able to make connections to why I gained weight or lost more than expected by looking at what I ate the previous day. I have gotten to the point that I know roughly what my weight will be the next day just by what I ate the day before. In the middle of losing the 130 pounds I have lost I stopped for almost 2 years and was able to maintain my weight. When I started losing again I knew that I was on the right path as I not only “dieted” but truly changed my whole life and eating habits to one that is sustainable long term.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Now on to the next ~30 pounds and seeing a sub 200 weight.

Replies

• cnred_06
    cnred_06 Posts: 25 Member
    Awesome!!! Great job!!!;)
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Great job! Doesn't it feel great to hit your goals! :D
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Congratulation! What an incredible loss - you should be very proud of yourself, that takes incredible commitment and discipline. Best wishes on the next 30 pounds.
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Wow. Great job. Keep pushing man. You did the hard part. Your body must be feeling so good right now.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Congrats keep up the good work
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Hi there happy new year :) How did you do your spread sheet, where, and what does it look like?

Kudos to you for your success and thanks for being willing to share your knowledge.

I have 19kg to get rid of I keep yo-yoing this!!
  • draekin13
    It is just an Microsoft Excel document that I created with weight and date each in a column then created a graph with that data and added a trend line. Very simple but it allows me to compare at any point month to month or week to week. I have kept it long enough that the trend line doesn't move much and so right now due to holiday eating I am slightly above the trend line and know that I need to work a little harder to get back on track. tydi0mssovgh.jpg
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    AMAZING JOB!!!! :)
  • joeyleerobbins
    joeyleerobbins Posts: 25 Member
    I would like to ask about your methods. Was this with caloric restriction or coupled with exercise? I started at 325 on January 4th headed toward a goal weight of 180 by the second week in December. I have set myself at 1800 calories/day and have logged 30 days in a row and have not went over my calories one time! Glory to God! I have lost 18 lbs this month and that far exceeds the 8-10 i planned to lose! I am so excited about seeing the transformation and being able to write my success story on here ;if I live and it is the Lord's will! Congrats on your success, it is amazing! Keep pressing on buddy!
  • draekin13
    I would like to ask about your methods. Was this with caloric restriction or coupled with exercise? I started at 325 on January 4th headed toward a goal weight of 180 by the second week in December. I have set myself at 1800 calories/day and have logged 30 days in a row and have not went over my calories one time! Glory to God! I have lost 18 lbs this month and that far exceeds the 8-10 i planned to lose! I am so excited about seeing the transformation and being able to write my success story on here ;if I live and it is the Lord's will! Congrats on your success, it is amazing! Keep pressing on buddy!

In the beginning I was eating ~2000 calories a day. I approached the food side first because I don't feel my body could handle a lot of exercise. Once I got the food plan down and eating right I started adding in cardio in the form of walks and riding a bike. I am now doing more weight lifting and trying to gain back some of the muscle mass that I lost during the weight loss process since my body hasn't had as much weight to rely on for muscle mass to stay constant.
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Awesome job! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!