calorie count always under

Options
Just started this on Friday and I can't seem to eat all calories that they have given me to reach always under, any advice. I don't want to eat more just to get the number if I'm not hungry

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Try adding some high calorie snacks like macadamia nuts or trail mix to fill in the gaps. The portions aren't too big and I find they are only good as fillers.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Any kind of nuts or seeds would be good!
  • smoder1
    smoder1 Posts: 10
    Options
    You should be eating at least 1200 calories a day. If you don't your body burns muscle and if you don't eat enough, you can actually gain weight by not eating enough calories.
  • jridgway49
    jridgway49 Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks, I love all kinds of nuts but it seems to put my protein amount over, I need to find the right balance, when I play tennis it burns alot of calories, and then I have more to eat
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Better protein than fat or carbs. It won't get stored as fat. You should try to eat back most or all of your workout cals, but as long as your eating 1200 a day minimum, you should be okay.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd week with MFP and I am still trying to balance my meals. I do plan my meals daily which helps if I need to adjust.
    I am working on getting in my 1200 net calories in. Most day I go over my protein and fiber because I think it is set to low. I keep my sodium low because I can retain fluid. I have high cholesterol so I watch that too. I start with trying to get my fruits, veggies, fat, and dairy in first and then go from there when I plan my meals. It takes time but I am sure you will be able to figure out what works for you. Good Luck.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I agree that protein and fiber ar set really low and if you are going to go over on something I would pick protein for sure. I have changed my ratios to support a higher protein count.
  • jridgway49
    jridgway49 Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks everyone...but does it seem right to eat if your not hungry, is there some way someone can look at what your eating and help make changes or suggest a menu ?
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have found that adding more calories earlier in the day helps meet the daily goal.

Add a glass of milk, or juice
    nuts, or yogurt
    dont buy reduced calorie foods, sometimes 100cal a slice bread is better that 45cal \

play with it, find what works for you. good luck:smile:
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I love all kinds of nuts but it seems to put my protein amount over, I need to find the right balance, when I play tennis it burns alot of calories, and then I have more to eat

It's ok for your protein to go over. Just means you're going to be fuller longer!
  • DedicatedDiva
    Options
    You can make your Diary/Profile viewable and ask for suggestions. I'm struggling eating all my cals..I'm always over my protein and fiber, think that's a good thing!