Two Pounds in Less than a Week!

Options
When I went on vacation last year, I was eating lots of fast food. From burgers to pizzas and other restaurant food. I usually don't eat fast food that often, so as you can imagine, my body was confused. It's reaction.... pack on pounds. I gained fifteen pounds. I know what you're thinking, "Fifteen pounds is nothing." It may not be a lot... but I've been trying to lose them for a year now. I even started going to the gym for a while... and of course, nothing happened. About a week ago, I found out about MFP from a coworker. I created a profile and gave it a shot. In less than a week I was down two pounds!!! Finally... RESULTS!!! I am excited to see what happens in a month, two or even three from now!
Since becoming a member, I've read some amazing stories from people with great success in losing weight. It has truly motivated me. In addition, I learned a lot about healthy eating and exercising! I will be here for a while!!! :)
BTW... any CHICAGOANS here???!!!

Replies

• kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    wtg!!! feel free to give me an add if u want some support

6148478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Great momentum right out of the starting gate! Way to go!!!
  • maja7
    maja7 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is amazing the support is unbelievable. And the success stories always keep me motivated.
    I'm from the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome & fantastic start. Great losses are not uncommon off the starting block - big losses are often had by those that have had a high/ish sodium intake and reign that in. The other theory is it is just such a shock to the system. Just don't get discouraged if it slows a bit a few weeks or month in, once your body gets used to what you are doing to it. But as long as you get consistent progress it keeps the motivation going, along with the awesome MPF community.

Good luck with your goals :)
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    makes ya feel great doesnt it?? i'm loving it!

ADD me up if u want some Caribbean support... u know we know about food down here and Lord knows it is a struggle not to eat some of the local dishes
  • cpratt55
    cpratt55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great job. This site really has helped me to lose. There is definitely a lot of support and I read all the success stories....they help a lot. I'm from the northeast suburbs of Chicago ;)
  • maja7
    maja7 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks to all for the kind replies! Looking forward to sharing this experience with the MFP community!