Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 7]

Options
The Diamonds Challenge

[Sorry, this group is closed. Check the boards for Round 3 sign ups!]

Topics:
- Diamonds in the Rough Spirit Week
- Week 6 Winners

CONGRATULATIONS DIAMONDS! You made it!

Sorry this post is late, but the end of this challenge happens to coincide with a difficult time in my personal life. Still, my spirits are high and I am excited to be moving forward in all aspects of my life. I can truly say that being a part of this challenge, and especially Round 3, has changed my perception of just what I am capable of with the support of friends.

All told I have lost 25 pounds, 15 as a member of Diamonds in the Rough. I know that there are others of you with similar stories. We are DOING it and have every reason to be proud of what we have accomplished. Some of you will be continuing as members of the Diamonds Challenge while others of you feel more comfortable following a different path. Either way, I wish you all TREMENDOUS success because at the end of the day this is about YOU and doing what works for you.

Round 3 of the Diamonds Challenge starts on Monday, and I can say that I will truly miss the dynamics of this beautiful, positive, (and sometimes pretty silly) group of women.

GO DIAMONDS!

Don't forget that this i DIAMONDS SPIRIT WEEK!

So far I am having a pretty good time with spirit week and I hope that you are too!

As a reminder, spirit week involves changing your profile picture each day. You may want to upload all of the images at the same time to make things easier. Here is what you can expect:

Monday:
High School Photo Day (YOU in high school… your face, your full body, or even just your terrible haircut!) DONE... loved the pictures!

Tuesday:
Baby Photo Day (you as a baby)

Wednesday:
Silly Face Day (your face, your child’s face, your dog’s face… any silly face!)

Thursday:
Show Your Colors Day (make your profile picture something OTHER than a diamond in your team color… be creative!)

Friday (last day of challenge):
Diamond Day (the DITR logo)

(Please note that if, for ANY reason, you have an objection to participating in any day… just skip that day! You don’t need to tell us why. This is meant to be lighthearted and fun.)

And NOW for our FINAL weigh in results and our GRAND PRIZE WINNER!!!

Our individual winners for this week are...

Biggest Loser, Yellow Diamonds - Ygrad2001 (OVER 5.5 pounds!)
Biggest Loser, Pink Diamonds - Chase (2.2 lbs)
Biggest Loser, Blue Diamonds - Maria (2.5 lbs)

Great job ladies on pulling some BIG numbers!!!

If I'm not mistaken, this is the FIRST EVER win for the YELLOW TEAM! Let's go Yellow Diamonds! Congratulations ladies on winning a total of 10.4 pounds! The Blue Diamonds lost 9 pounds and the Pink Diamonds lost 4 pounds. Ladies, what a WONDERFUL way to end Round 2. You totally ROCKED this weigh in!

The Diamonds lost a total of 23.4 pounds this week which means that as a whole the Diamonds in the Rough lost almost 150 pounds during this challenge (148.8 to be exact)! Ladies, need I say more? You all were, quite simply, AMAZING! Now, if this isn't motivation to keep striving I don't know what is!

We celebrate EVERY loss here. Congrats to the following ladies!

Baypathgrad - Lyns 2.2
Chasekilgannon - Chase 2.2
CricketKate - Kate 2
Cshine06 - Krystle 1.2
Dab52776 - Dawn 1.5
HungryMom - Maria 2.5
Kaveril422 - Kristin 0.5
Kkmark - Kathy 2
Kristinmp - Kristin 0.6
MoreGutThanButt 1
Starsnyc21 1.4
Ygrad2001 5.5
Zoe9636 - Zoe 0.8

You all did an AMAZING job, but only ONE of you lost consistently enough to be crowned the CHAMPION of the Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge. Please remember that weight loss numbers in the challenge are NOT cumulative. Still, Chase deserves an INCREDIBLE round of applause for burning an extra 52,000 (yes, fifty two thousand) calories in the past seven weeks. Yes, she lost a total of over 17 pounds and deserves accolades as well as a special gift from our sponsor, Kariamu Skincare (thank you StarsNYC). You rock diva!

Please continue to follow this forum for the remainder of the week as we enjoy Spirit Week and respond to the QOTD.

And... I say it often because I mean it KEEP SHINING!

P.S. There is a special trophy for EVERY member of the challenge this week. You are all winners!

5758057076_23bdb38e07_b.jpg

Replies

• KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Way to go Chase!!!! Great job to all the Diamonds :flowerforyou:
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great Job Chase! And Way to go to all of us Diamonds! We Rock!!!
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you Chase. And to all of us. We have done a great job.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great job Diamonds. Everyone give yourself a pat on the back.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Way to go Diamonds! And congratulations Chase-- that is an amazing loss!! A BIG thank you to Jamaica for creating this group and all the work you do to keep it going and all of us motivated. You are a rock star!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Congrats Chase.....17 lbs is incredible!!!!!

Yellow....Yay! Better late than never ;)

Congrats to all the Diamonds on their progress in this challenge!

And a HUGE thank you to Jamaica for all your work!!!!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all diamonds

Yellow Diamonds great job guys

Kathy
  • DiamondDolls
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the congratulations, this group has been awesome and I'll be more than happy to continue in the challenge as a leader of the team that's gonna kick Jamaica's butt. :wink:

I know everyone has probably been through so much in the past 7 weeks, but send some love to Jamaica, the person who lit a fire under our butts and supported each and every one of us through this. I am honored to have participated, and am looking forward to coming back stronger this upcoming round with a team of Diamonds too!

And since today is my question of the day, here we go:
    WHY HAVEN'T YOU SIGNED UP FOR MAH TEAM YET?! :mad:

Just kidding. :laugh:

The real question is: Have you looked in the mirror and told yourself you're amazing for making a change? If not, go do it. Realize you are capable of the things you want in your life, and that you're an amazing person on a journey to be your true, shining self.

Congratulations to you.

And love to my partner Lydia! :drinker:
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    Oh no, more of my rambling!

I just changed my picture to my darling baby, she's also been an inspiration for me to get healthy.

Meet Vivienne, she's the greatest thing ever to happen to me.:love:
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone and to the winner Chase! Looking forward to round three! I lost a pound this week, better late than never eh?! That makes it 2 stone since starting mfp x
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options

The real question is: Have you looked in the mirror and told yourself you're amazing for making a change?

Oh, I totally have! My waist band agrees!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the Diamonds for being biggest losers over the course of this challenge. Specially WooHoo & a High Five to Chase for being the top Diamonds. Yay! I will reach out to you personally regarding the Kariamu gift. I hope everyone is having a great week. I enjoy seeing all the pictures.

Tuesday QOTD - Have you looked in the mirror and told yourself you're amazing for making a change? I've notice that my face has gotten slimmer. But the biggest changes are happening on the inside. I've been so inspired by the members of MFP that I want to change my life for the better. You all rock!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Great job, Everyone! Congratulations to my partner, Ygrad, for a fantastic loss!:flowerforyou:
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    The real question is: Have you looked in the mirror and told yourself you're amazing for making a change? If not, go do it. Realize you are capable of the things you want in your life, and that you're an amazing person on a journey to be your true, shining self.

No, but I am starting to actually look in the mirror at myself for the first time in a long time. :happy:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Chase! I somehow missed it this morning.:blushing: You totally rocked this challenge!

Thank you so much, Miss Jamaica!:flowerforyou:
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD: I sometimes watch cartoons with my daughters and they are nothing like the cartoons from "the good ole days." Which is the reason for my QOTD. Name one of your favorite cartoons or shows from back in the day that you LOVED.

I remember loving a cartoon called Thunder Cats. THUNDER.... THUNDER... THUNDER CATS HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! LOL (sorry, anyone who remembers that cartoon will know where that came from)

Have a great day ladies!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD: Name one of your favorite cartoons or shows from back in the day that you LOVED.

I'm probably one of the few adults with no kids that still love cartoons. My absolute favorite is "Tom and Jerry". This show cracks me up. :blushing:
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD: Name one of your favorite cartoons or shows from back in the day that you LOVED.

I must have been a strange little girl, but I just LOVED The Golden Girls! Lol. I can still watch marathons of that show. A close second is I Love Lucy. Clearly there was no cable in my house!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    The OFFICIAL Diamond Challenge list is now up: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/265752-official-diamond-challenge-members

By the way, I hope you all are enjoying Diamond Spirit Week as much as I am!
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Name one of your favorite cartoons or shows from back in the day that you LOVED.

I used to hurry home from school so I could watch Adam 12. I also liked The Mickey Mouse Show (not the remake - - - the one with Annette and Cubby and Karen). I guess that shows my age a little :blushing: