What motivates you?

Options
Today's my day one...again! After binge drinking/eating with new year festivities I already immediately regret falling off the wagon for a few days. What motivates you to get up and get going???! I can only last 15 mins at a time on my elliptical at a time

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    At first, it's 'negative' motivation. Taking a look in the mirror, sans clothes. Then stepping on the scale. YIKES! After that, when I start weighing daily, measuring my food and getting more active, it's the improvement on the scale and in the mirror that really motivate me.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    So fill out your profile, set some goals, get a few active MFP friends, take a few "before" photos and GET STARTED!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Standing in front of a full length mirror in my underwear :laugh:
  • lions32
    lions32 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by making today better than yesterday. It's a blessing and also motivating to be able to wake up and competing with the person you were yesterday. My goal is to maximize my efforts in all phases of life every single day.
  • wannabefitmom1
    wannabefitmom1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @lions32
    Awesome attitude!
  • lions32
    lions32 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! What's your fitness goals?
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes and goes...it is now my discipline that sets me straight and requires I keep my butt in gear. :p

But for me at first the motivation came from wanting to live my "younger" years being the best version of myself I could be!
  • wannabefitmom1
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »
    My motivation comes and goes...it is now my discipline that sets me straight and requires I keep my butt in gear. :p

But for me at first the motivation came from wanting to live my "younger" years being the best version of myself I could be!

Awesome! I can totally relate!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am a new RN, still looking for a job. I want to be able to work long shifts and not hurt all over at the end of the day. I also want to be able to talk to a patient about making healthy choices and be able to be a roll model, not a hypocrite. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family, if we decide to do that I want to be the healthiest mommy I can be.
  • wannabefitmom1
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I am a new RN, still looking for a job. I want to be able to work long shifts and not hurt all over at the end of the day. I also want to be able to talk to a patient about making healthy choices and be able to be a roll model, not a hypocrite. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family, if we decide to do that I want to be the healthiest mommy I can be.

Amazing!!!
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My motivation changes. At first it was to be healthier, especially as see older people in really bad shape. Right now my motivation is to buy an entire new wardrobe.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Waking up knowing that I'm a little bit closer to my goal every day motivates me, and feeling it when I look in the mirror and in how my clothes fit.
  • Jessmerritt3181
    Jessmerritt3181 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What motivates me is my husband and little boy! I want to be able to play with my child and not be out of shape and be able to keep up! I just started today as well so hopefully this goes good for me!!!☺️
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Being able to eat pizza, donuts, and drink alcohol while still maintaining my weight and health.
  • wannabefitmom1
    Options
    Love reading everyone's motivation. I favor the pizza and alcohol motivator most! Haha only kidding. I know we all have our lives, some more hectic than others but definitely waking up feeling GOOD is a great motivator.
    I'm kinda cheesy and cliche quotes help me get motivated!
    The most recent favorite is the
    "Eat to live don't live to eat" runs thru my mind every time I have a donut in my hand lol.
    But I'm glad so many of us here HAVE something to motivate us.
    Keep going yall!!!
  • ChunkyBoySlim
    ChunkyBoySlim Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a new day....start again and again.
  • Harleyb87
    Harleyb87 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    2 things right now I made a bet online Ill win 1000 dollars if I take off 44 pounds in 6 months and I have a vacation to Punta Cana in 4 months.
  • bthao7
    bthao7 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    #fighter
    Because I can't and I won't accept defeat.