Jump starting my Weight loss with the GM diet

Options
kmccollum5382
kmccollum5382 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2016 in Getting Started
Hello! I am 33 years old, mother of a 14 & 11 year old boy and girl. Been married for 18 years. I am 5'2" and weigh 170..I'm going to try this GM diet/detox.
I am really looking for a strict diet plan as a jumping off point for a great weigh loss marathon.
I eat garbage. Constantly. I feel horrible. Even my spanx are tight. I can't wear tall boots because my calves are too fat and I wear a size 5, so the tops are so tight and little. Even the wide calves don't fit. :(
I want to feel good inside and out. I want energy and motivation.
This is my first time on here and not real sure if this is how this goes but here I am.
Im going to start this GM detox tomorrow. Looks like all fruit the first day. But no bananas. It should be horrible and I'm sure I'll feel like dying.
If I could get some results fast, that's going to motivate me to stick to something. I can't do 1-2 lbs a week. I need more to motivate me.
I'm going to write about how the first day goes once I've done it. :)
Wish me luck!

Replies

• ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    good luck, not sure how successful you will be, it's not a race. There is no need to do detoxes, no need to limit foods to certain ones. & sorry but 1 to 2 pounds a week is a safe loss. you may loose more the first week but realistically it slows down
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You liken your weight loss to a marathon.... So would anyone start a marathon by sprinting the first couple of miles? Fast weight loss is due to making drastic, unsustainable changes to diet and lifestyle. Slow and steady is likely to be more manageable and stay off long term.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OP, look; let's be honest here. This post is not going to go the way you were hoping, with boisterous huzzahs and thunderous applause. You're probably going to get angry at all the non-supportive people chiming in about why this is a bad idea. That's cool. You can get mad and stick to your guns and do the GM thing. It might help you start out, it might be too hard for your to sustain, it might cause you to faint and fall down a flight of stairs.

In any case, I hope you maintain your optimism and gogettitude afterwards. It will help you learn what really needs to be done to achieve your goals. The non-supportive people in this thread will be here, ready to help you out if/when you come back.

PS - I believe Spanx are supposed to be tight, so you're good there.

good-luck.gif
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why would you do something that makes you 'feel like you're dying'???
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    OP, look; let's be honest here. This post is not going to go the way you were hoping, with boisterous huzzahs and thunderous applause. You're probably going to get angry at all the non-supportive people chiming in about why this is a bad idea. That's cool. You can get mad and stick to your guns and do the GM thing. It might help you start out, it might be too hard for your to sustain, it might cause you to faint and fall down a flight of stairs.

In any case, I hope you maintain your optimism and gogettitude afterwards. It will help you learn what really needs to be done to achieve your goals. The non-supportive people in this thread will be here, ready to help you out if/when you come back.

PS - I believe Spanx are supposed to be tight, so you're good there.

All this OP. People who attack weight loss in this way usually fail--we don't want you to. Patience is necessary to succeed. As he said, we'll be here to help and advise you after--don't hurt yourself. Best.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do anything harsh. You are young and your body will respond well to just logging what you eat and maintaining a deficit.
    Have you determined your calorie intake? I'm guessing you could easily eat 1600-1800 cals a day and only moderate exercise.
    You want to get results NOW, and that's understandable. However, use that time to prepare your kitchen, get used to logging, and set up an exercise routine you like.
    Record your measurements and get started on the path.
    Preparation and compliance to your own program are what bring results!
  • mcastana_99
    mcastana_99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read this post. I was about to start a similar detox diet and thinking all along how painful it was going to be. But I really want to loose weight! After being alone for seven years, I'm getting to know this guy I met on line (via text) and I wanted loose weight fast because we're supposed to meet soon. But you guys are right, if I rush it I will only fail. So I have decided to start logging, stop drinking soda and do moderate exercise (I read this on a blog). So thank you for your comments and wish me luck... And good luck to you kmccollum!
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read this post. I was about to start a similar detox diet and thinking all along how painful it was going to be. But I really want to loose weight! After being alone for seven years, I'm getting to know this guy I met on line (via text) and I wanted loose weight fast because we're supposed to meet soon. But you guys are right, if I rush it I will only fail. So I have decided to start logging, stop drinking soda and do moderate exercise (I read this on a blog). So thank you for your comments and wish me luck... And good luck to you kmccollum!

You. Are. Awesome.

Good choice. And good luck to you! Slow and Steady..... Slow and Steady and you will be AMAZED.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options

Smart move! Best of luck.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The "all or nothing" approach rarely works with weight loss. Identify on why you can't deal with 1-2lbs weight loss a week. Do you not feel that consistent loss doesn't add up at then end?
    Did you gain 30lbs in a week or over time?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Good luck

You don't need to punish yourself to lose weight but if this gives you an emotional boost then fine. It is doing you no particular good and certainly not detoxing anything

You could just start calorie logging to a defecit if you'd like to ..that would work :)
  • martelr
    martelr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    http://www.rearickstrength.com/2011/05/my-28-day-experiment-with-velocity-diet.html?m=1

If I can do it the velocity diet works well for some. It's mentally tough but may get u quick results and help u mentally transition to sow thing that is sustainable.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    martelr wrote: »
    http://www.rearickstrength.com/2011/05/my-28-day-experiment-with-velocity-diet.html?m=1

If I can do it the velocity diet works well for some. It's mentally tough but may get u quick results and help u mentally transition to sow thing that is sustainable.

Nope. OP bad advice! Don't do this :/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I didn't get past '5 protein drinks a day'... madness
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

I didn't get past '5 protein drinks a day'... madness

And one meal for the week. WTF
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options

I second this.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    All fruits...all that sugar...only carbs...good luck
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    1-2 lbs/week is 26-52 in 6 months. I don't know about you, but 6 months seems to speed by these days. And most importantly, losing consistently on something sustainable and which isn't hard or painful at all is a LOT more likely to succeed than losing 10-15 lbs really quickly in a way that will make you miserable and burn you out and end up with you giving up or overeating.

Also, of course, it has nothing to do with GM, and the back story is a hoax.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You got married at 15? People still do that in the US?