P90X Hybrids

staclo
staclo Posts: 511 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm starting a P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid tomorrow. I know that there are a couple of people who are doing P90X hybrids, but I'm just wondering if there are enough of us out there to keep a thread going. Anyone interested?

Replies

• mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    I am interested! But unfortunately I lent my coworker my P90X and he's out of town for a week. I will sub Insanity, or do my own workout on P90X days!
  • I am doing a p90x/Insanity hybrid! :)
  • staclo
    I am interested! But unfortunately I lent my coworker my P90X and he's out of town for a week. I will sub Insanity, or do my own workout on P90X days!

Sounds good!
  • staclo
    I am doing a p90x/Insanity hybrid! :)

I've heard of quite a few people doing that. How do you like it so far? Feel free to join in!
  • johncowart
    johncowart Posts: 40 Member
    This last round of P90x I have been subbing in turbo fire, rev abs and insanity. Been working really well. Hope you all dont mind if I tag along.

John
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    I'm at Week 7 of my P90X/Running hybrid and just past half my goal of running 100 miles this year.
  • staclo
    I did Day 1 of P90X/TF hybrid today. It was Chest and Back and ARX. I haven't been that wiped in a while!

Tomorrow is Fire 45/Stretch 10 for me.
  • hiddensecant
    I did Day 1 of P90X/TF hybrid today. It was Chest and Back and ARX. I haven't been that wiped in a while!

What schedule are you using?
  • staclo

What schedule are you using?

It's one that I modified from something I found on beachbody. I'll try to find a way to post it.
  • staclo
    Today was Fire 45/Stretch 10. Great workout!

I am interested in what others are doing. Let me know how your workouts are going!
  • NYRGTO
    NYRGTO Posts: 5 Member
    I'm on week 6 of my P90X/Insanity hybrid. Thinking I might have to up my calories a bit more to get through the workouts.
  • staclo
    I posted the schedule that I'm using for P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/staclo/view/p90x-turbo-fire-hybrid-schedule-114152. Check it out and tell me what you think!
  • hiddensecant
    I posted the schedule that I'm using for P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/staclo/view/p90x-turbo-fire-hybrid-schedule-114152. Check it out and tell me what you think!

Looks good! And I don't blame you for switching to a hybrid ... I always come back to P90X, hehe.
  • johncowart
    Hey Hidden,
    Where did you get the P90x/Running Hybrid from?
    Coach John
  • hiddensecant
    Hey Hidden,
    Where did you get the P90x/Running Hybrid from?
    Coach John

I created my own, combining P90X with c25k/Freeway to 10k.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvWicjgw5mMsdHQxMEpVeVRoZnBqNkxfY21BSVF3bUE&hl=en_US&authkey=CKLau54F
  • hiddensecant
    I'm going to leave you guys for a bit ... I should be in Phase 3 but had to take a few weeks off due to a sprained ankle. I was able to do some weights and played around with a rock stepper but nothing to earn me P90X credit.

So I need 7 weeks to finish Freeway to 10k and I decided to do it with Insanity. And afterward I'll be coming back for a P90X/Half-Marathon Hybrid :-). https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvWicjgw5mMsdEFSX1pZb2RDT3dEaHl0b3VfR05wUUE&hl=en_US&authkey=CMenspcC
  • hiddensecant
    Woah, quiet thread. I just finished Freeway to 10k (finished it earlier than I thought) and will be starting P90X back up again after I finish my 100 mile goal (should take another week). For the most part I'll be doing all the Classic strength workouts except instead of CST in Phase 2 and 3, I'll be doing Core Synergistics. I'll also be doing Yoga X each week.
  • johncowart
    What round are you on? Im on my last week. Then going into a mass building hybrid.
  • johncowart
    Those look like fantastic hybrids!
  • hiddensecant
    What round are you on? Im on my last week. Then going into a mass building hybrid.

I'm about to re-start Round 3 (the P90X/Half-Marathon hybrid).

And thanks! What's your mass building hybrid?
  • lanamilo
    lanamilo Posts: 15
    I have been doing my own made up as I go along TF/P90X hybrid.

I do the weight training in P90X (this is my 3rd round (not consecutive) of P90X) and then instead of Ply/Yoga/Kenpo I do TF instead.

I have been doing 4 weeks in each workout, then a recovery week, and then 4 weeks on again. I am in my 6th week, so I did the Back, shoulders, Arms (or whatever it is called with the clap and one armed pushups) on Sunday (my first week on these workouts). Yesterday I did TF Fire 60.

If I only have time for a short workout, I may do JM 30DS. Sometimes after doing the lifting, I do the HIIT 15 or hit the treadmill. Just depends on how late I get home from work and what I have to do when I get home.

I actually haven't lost much weight scale wise, but I definitely have lost body fat. My clothes are looser thru the tummy, hip, and legs. I have never taken measurements, but I know they are changing for sure.

I haven't gotten to read all of the posts in this thread, but will go back and do so when I get a chance- maybe at lunch.
  • hiddensecant
    Day 1 (Round 3) with Legs & Back and I'm surprised ... I've only been running the past few months yet my pullups managed to go up, lol. I use 40lb bands and was able to manage 10 or more reps (was only doing 6-8 my last round).

In any case, I don't know how long I'll be keeping Legs & Back or how safe it is to do while I'm building up mileage for my half-marathon. But it's my favorite workout so I'm trying to keep it for now.

I tweaked my hybrid a bit to only build up to 15 miles instead of 20. I figure if I go above 15 I should do it when I'm NOT doing P90X!
  • johncowart

I'm about to re-start Round 3 (the P90X/Half-Marathon hybrid).

And thanks! What's your mass building hybrid?

I am spending the next three weeks on the planning but have some rough ideas here:

1. Mass/Toning/Sculpting is goal
    2. Cardio Conditioning is not the goal
    3. Diet Is Key - minimize processed foods, sugars, etc.
    4. High Fiber Nutrition
    5. All Cardio will be routines from beginer phases of different programs(Turbo Fire, Rev Abs, P90x)
    6. Sugars low but not crazy
    7. Processed foods minimum or none at all
    8. Nutrition is key - offsets cardio
    9. P90X Weight Routines Foundation
    10. Weight repetitions and sets will change depending on the phase.
    11. Muscle confusion will apply but so will intensity
    12. Some additional weight routines will be subbed in
    13. Ab Routines will come from various programs or modified ABX and weighted for the most part
    14. Advanced/Middle/Beginners routines (maybe - maybe just guidance than structure)
    15. Advanced/Middle/Beginners nutrition (maybe - maybe just guidance than structure)
    16. P90X is the foundation program but you don't have to have the other programs to do this hybrid. There will be alternate routines/techniques available.
    17. No rest week. Sculpting (not sure about this just yet.) The previous three week routines will help determine a rest week.
This discussion has been closed.