Linking MFP to Fitbit... steps are syncing, but not calories

Options
So I followed all the steps to link MFP with my Fitbit. On the app it is showing the synced # of steps that I have taken with my Fitbit... but it is not calculating calorie adjustment. For example, I ran 5+ miles today. In MFP, it shows that I have taken 10k+ steps today (via my fitbit), but it does not give a calorie adjustment. Ideas?

Replies

• fazersmart
    fazersmart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's bugged. No one seems to want to fix. Check out your steps as mine says its tracked steps but when I check further it's usihg the iPhone as measuring steps. It won't use Fitbit. When you ask to change To Fitbit it takes you to screen that says its already connected. So doubt anything syncs with fitbit. If you contact MFP they'll ask to disconnect & reconnect but that doesn't work. Guess just wait for an update but it's sooooo frustrating. :/
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit and MFP linked for almost a year now and have not had any problems. I just checked my iPhone app and it shows "Don't track steps" under steps. I linked my Fitbit to MFP through the website but also use my iPad and iPhone app. Never had to disconnect and reconnect and it does show my Fitbit adjustments on MFP.
  • daimonic
    daimonic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok so think may have fixed mine. I had an old MFP account but my new Fitbit was registered with different email. No syncing. So I set up new MFP account using same email as Fitbit = no syncing as MFP kept auto swapping with old account that didn't sync. So (bear with me! Lol) I disconnect Fitbit with old MFP account then deleted old MFP account. Logged in to new MFP account (with same email address as Fitbit) & connected with Fitbit & voila the calories just synced. Weird but maybe same may help you. (If you can understand what I did!)!
  • jeannewitt509
    jeannewitt509 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I will try. Thanks for all the tips!
  • LoveCoffeeRN
    LoveCoffeeRN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I had to replace my fitbit with a new one. Since starting with the new fitbit, MFP syncs my steps but not calories. I've tried changing time zones, disconnecting and reconnecting to the fitbit, revoking MPF assess from the Fitbit app and renewing it. I've tried uninstalling the MFP apps from my iphone and ipad and reinstalling them. I've cancelled my MFP account and started a new one (losing all my data in the process!). I've looked at all my settings. I'm just so frustrated because the reason I'm using MFP in the first place is because it synced so well with my old Fitbit. Anyone able to help?
  • silveredfaery
    silveredfaery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm currently experiencing the same issue and I've done all of the above to try to remedy the problem.
    Help.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Count me as another who's taken all the steps to sync fitbit, but isn't seeing fitbit calorie adjustments.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I had a syncing problem and had to unlink the account on the fitbit site and on the myfitnesspal site. It was important to do both. Then I relinked through myfitnesspal and everything was okay.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You might have done this, but just in case. You only get calorie adjustments if you go over what MFP has calculated for your calories. If I don't lose more calories on Fitbit than my "lightly active" status on MFP already calculates, than I don't get any adjustment.

Other than that, I hope you find a fix soon. I haven't ever had that issue.
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You might have done this, but just in case. You only get calorie adjustments if you go over what MFP has calculated for your calories. If I don't lose more calories on Fitbit than my "lightly active" status on MFP already calculates, than I don't get any adjustment.

If you enable negative adjustments in your MFP settings, you'll get an adjustment even if your Fitbit burn comes in under your MFP estimate.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    So I followed all the steps to link MFP with my Fitbit. On the app it is showing the synced # of steps that I have taken with my Fitbit... but it is not calculating calorie adjustment. For example, I ran 5+ miles today. In MFP, it shows that I have taken 10k+ steps today (via my fitbit), but it does not give a calorie adjustment. Ideas?

Verify your accounts are connected at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • mantababe
    mantababe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i too have the same problem and its driving me mad..come on MFP please sort it. ps my account says they are both linked
  • need_to_lose_
    need_to_lose_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Having the same exact problem and I've tried everything to fix it :/