Who LOVES ZUMBA??

Options
2»

Replies

• 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    The is a thread on here for ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE, it just started yesterday. The challenge is to do Zumba at least 3 times a week, doesn't matter if you do it on the Wii, Kinect, DVDs a class or whatever so long as you do it. There is no time length you have to do, several of us are just beginners and only do 20 min, some do an hour class. The challenge goes from June 13 to July 13. All are welcome to join if you want
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Sorry double posted
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love it, even though I'm not the most graceful gal on the floor. What do you think the amount of calories are burned in an hour?

On Sat which is with a different instructor and is a slower paced class I burn about 350. On M/F I usually burn about 5-600.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love it, even though I'm not the most graceful gal on the floor. What do you think the amount of calories are burned in an hour?

I googled it and most things I saw said anywhere from 500-800 cal/hr depending on your skill level and intensity.
  • cachef1
    cachef1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love Zumba. In Key West I was up to doing 6 times a week and since there weren't any classes on weekends that meant I had to double up on some days. The first class was fun even though I didn't know the steps or had that much stamina. But I just kept moving like everyone said. And then when I got the steps and the routine down, well it became a blast. I got so good the instructor told me to get up front so newer people could follow me as well. Then I started to be able to through in extra little steps or add a jump or two of my own. It just got better and bettter. Zumba is great fun and a good workout. I actually found that I had hips that could swing and shoulders that could shake!
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    MUST MUST MUST GET THE ZUMBA EXHILARATE! IT IS THE BOMB!
  • soonermommy3
    Options
    LOOOVEEEE Zumba!!!!
  • MrsSchmidty7
    MrsSchmidty7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have done Zumba in the gym for three classes and I am not sold....I do enjoy it - but I am not able to step and move my arms at the same time! I do feel like it's just that....a facny step class. I kind of feel myself fighting between bootcamp & zumba.

Do you guys do the same routine everytime? I'd like to have one down, I think I'd be able to work out harder and be happier...
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Zumba-holic here... do it 5 days a week some weeks if I can make it to the classes :wink:
  • mendogirl
    mendogirl Posts: 87
    Options
    zumba = lovee! its so amazingg! i think its been aiding my weight loss for sure!!
  • goldenfemale
    goldenfemale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it but I got a leaflet in my post last week. Gonna check it out. I've been working out on the treadmill with weights and ain't lost anything extra since two days ago. But I will keep going. Think I'm gonna have to check this Zumba class out. Apparently it's £5 per session. A little steep but hey if it's fun and works I'm willing to give it a shot.
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm up for zumba group. I go 3 times a week. Got a new heart rate monitor and used it last night at zumba. 612 calories burned. Go me.Love it.