Can you look at my food diary please??

Options
KKJ24
KKJ24 Posts: 19 Member
Hello! I am new to MFP and have only input my food a couple of times (Besides today, the last day I put my food in was June 8th.). Today, I am way under my calories but have no idea what else I should be eating. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    I would say to add a serving or two of veggies to lunch and supper.
  • moffee01
    moffee01 Posts: 68
    Options
    I just started but I can say you should add some more fruits and veggies in there :-)
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    From what I'm seeing, definitely add more fruits and veggies in there. Broccoli and asparagus don't add a ton of calories, but keep you full. You might also consider increasing your brown rice to 1/2 cup since that is an actual serving. Another thing I add is greek yogurt - though the only brand I like is Chobani (cheaper at Costco). You're welcome to friend me if you want to see my diary.
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    I just started but I can say you should add some more fruits and veggies in there :-)

hahaha... you beat me to it. Definitely a few more pieces of fruit is good.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Add some fruits and veggies. How about some grapes, blueberries, etc... For veggies, I get green giant steam veggies. They are each usually over a 1.00 and my bf and I can share a box. Good luck.
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    Oh and If you are nursing you definitely need to eat more. I would just do so in the form of veggies and some fruits. Maybe a chicken salad with your soup for lunch? Don't be afraid to eat! You will still lose weight if you follow your goals on MFP.
  • CindyDurand
    Options
    Yes Veggies is a great idea! :smile:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I agree with more veggies! Green beans, asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers, etc. Buy them fresh, chop em up, and steam em. Yummy!
  • jmh35slh
    jmh35slh Posts: 78
    Options
    i like non-fat yogurt as a snack, mushrooms (from the store of course!), sugar snap peas raw, oranges, and grapes. Go for something high in fiber--it fills you up longer, and you use less calories!
  • julie0477
    julie0477 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree. I would add some whole fruits and/or veggies to your day and it would be perfect. Maybe a salad with light italian or olive oil with lunch and an apple or banana at snack. You could check out www.incrediblesmoothies.com to find some easy ways to get more fruits and veggies in while spending just enough calories and getting a ton of added nutrients. You are doing great by the way!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this. Veggies are missing! (shiver). I personally don't like vegetables. I know they're good for me but I just can't do it! I do drink a V-8 Fusion every day which gives me a full serving of vegetable and one of fruit. I've had 3 doctors tell me as long as I'm eating a good variety of fruits I'm fine!
  • cgcortezrn
    cgcortezrn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Would love to be your MFP and help you with daily food plan. We can get ideas from each others food track. Befriend be and lets get this journey started.
  • scruz627
    scruz627 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    An ounce of Planters Heart Healthy Nuts is 170 calories... good for ya too!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    i`d add more veg and fruits.
  • KKJ24
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I know I am missing fruits and veggies in there. I need to make a grocery run because I gave the last of all my fruits I had in the house to my kids today!! Anyone is welcome to friend me. I love looking at food diaries! :)
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    You are totally missing fresh veggies and fruit. You may also want to increase your water intake too
  • KKJ24
    Options
    Yeah, I am pretty bad about the water intake! I am still trying to get used to feeding my two kids AND ME! They always come first and I am too tired to eat by the end! I have never eaten a lot anways but now that I am exercising alot I have to find a way to eat these extra calories! I am about 145lbs and 5'2. I have had two babies in the past two and a half years and gained 50lbs with each of them so I am trying to get off that extra weight.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being under calorie. I am even more under calorie than you are today. I'm under calorie almost everyday. Occassionally I go over, but for the most part I try to stay under goal.
  • heatherdoll40
    heatherdoll40 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine I am often under, but I find it helps to see what others eat to help you have more choices. I just learned today from one of these posts in forums I should worry less about the natural sugars found in food (there is a way to track that) and fruits always made me go over on my sugar goal so I deleted that button today and will be adding more fresh fruit. I like greek yogurt with honey, or good strawberries it's new to me and I found it by looking at others food diaries.
    I had a real hard time getting up to 1200 cal to start now I am getting the hang of this and almost actually hit my calorie goal some days.