35 lbs in 90 days

Options
Hey everyone, glad to be here. Going to lose 35 lbs in 90 days. This is my resolution. Should be great fun

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    That's a pound every 2.5 days. Unfortunately that rate of loss is unlikely and if you do manage to lose it there will be a large amount of lean mass loss. Meaning, you will not be losing 35 pounds of fat even if you managed to lose 35 pounds.

To achieve the rate of loss you are hoping for you would either need to be morbidly obese or eat a very low calorie diet. Very low calorie diets are discouraged on MyFitnessPal and the promotion of a very low calorie diet is a violation of the forum guidelines.

I highly encourage you to consider a rate of 1-2 pounds per week for health and safety sake.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    That's a pound every 2.5 days. Unfortunately that rate of loss is unlikely and if you do manage to lose it there will be a large amount of lean mass loss. Meaning, you will not be losing 35 pounds of fat even if you managed to lose 35 pounds.

To achieve the rate of loss you are hoping for you would either need to be morbidly obese or eat a very low calorie diet. Very low calorie diets are discouraged on MyFitnessPal and the promotion of a very low calorie diet is a violation of the forum guidelines.

I highly encourage you to consider a rate of 1-2 pounds per week for health and safety sake.

^^^completely agree! It may be cliche but slow and steady definitely wins the race.

Check out this thread it should be of some help to you: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • taptap25
    taptap25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I did have a more realistic date of May 9 set but wanted to motivate myself especially for the first few months. I have gotten amazing results in the past on a low carb, high fat diet and do not restrict myself much at all. I eat when hungry without counting calories and just keep the net carbs low 30-60 grams or so per day. I guess I burn so much body fat Im not even hungry. Anyways I will keep this time line for now and if it takes longer that is great too. Also with water loss the first 5-10 lbs comes off almost right away(I was down 4 lbs this morning) leaving about 25 lbs so 12 weeks times 2 lbs per week will put me pretty close to the safe zone.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Setting an unrealistic, overly-aggressive and not necessarily wise goal is not motivating. And if your former success (amazing results) at doing this kind of plan was so successful, why do you need to lose 35 pounds again? Perhaps better to make a plan that you can maintain for the rest of your life and does not need to be modified.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Still being the voice of reason on MFP I see. Listen to her, she know that she is talking about
  • taptap25
    taptap25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the advice guys.