Pickey eater!

Options
at the moment i barely eat nothing i basically only have potato waffles and baked beans for tea or chips peas and hamtoastie..

is there any supplements i could buy i cant eat chicken or nothing like that

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    How old are you? What did you eat growing up?
  • liamforward18
    liamforward18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    18 years old and growing up i ate literally everything as i got force fed
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    You could take a multivitamin. If your diet is made up entirely of potato waffles (I'm guessing that is either waffle-cut fried potatoes or waffles made with potato flour*), baked beans, chips (more fried potatoes), peas, and ham toasties (grilled ham sandwich??*), and you're eating enough of those things to get sufficient calories, you're actually probably in pretty good shape when it comes to protein, fat, and fiber (although the fat may be what is typically termed "bad fats" -- trans fats and saturated fats--so if you're making any of these things yourself, you might want to consider using a plant-derived oil that is liquid at room temperature to cook them).

*Sorry for the guesses; I think we're separated by a culinary language barrier :)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Therapists will tell you to stay clear of this place if you have an eating disorder. You should have doctors that can answer your questions. You have always had this problem? A couple of answers from strangers will not help you.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Why do you not eat anything else? There are plenty of foods that aren't like chicken.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Therapists will tell you to stay clear of this place if you have an eating disorder. You should have doctors that can answer your questions. You have always had this problem? A couple of answers from strangers will not help you.

This. You need to deal with your emotional food issues resolved before you can win.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    If you had to be "forced" to eat until you could no longer be legally controlled by your parents, you have a relationship with food no one on this board can truly help you with. I agree; you need to seek professional, in-person, assistance from qualified individuals local to you. An online diet/weight loss/exercise forum is not a healthy place for you to lurk.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You should look into Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder, formerly known as Selective Eating Disorder. It's a condition that causes people to only be able to eat certain foods, as anything else seems to be a non-food item for them. It IS an eating disorder, and it's something you should seek help with if you do in fact have it.