Goal to loose 50 Pounds

Options
ejhankle
ejhankle Posts: 16 Member
edited December 2015 in Getting Started
Wanting to loose 50 lbs. by June 2016.

Open to any advice for success....

Any advice for those hunger pang moments?

Replies

• Stephanie3399
    Stephanie3399 Posts: 40 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm going to send you a message!
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 20 before summer. Friend me if you like.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!

For hunger pangs, drink water. Sometimes thirsty can feel like hungry. Also, being hungry isn't always a bad thing. Your body will get used to it as your stomach shrinks. But never don't eat if you feel you actually need to eat.

Best methods are to buy a food scale and weigh everything, track it honestly, and don't give up if you slip up.

Add me if you like.
  • mai424
    mai424 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 43.4 since July 2015. I finally committed to losing weight, I'd try before but I'd slack off and not care, this time for personal reasons I decided it was time to lose the extra weight. A combination of the following things have worked for me so hopefully some will work for you.

Not eating out (I still do occasionally) but cooking your food where you can control what goes into your body is extremely helpful. I cut a lot of carbs. You would be amazed what you can substitute zucchini for (mostly pastas) skinnytaste.com is a great place for recipes, they're actually good too.

Support system-I have several work friends that help keep me accountable for working out (we had our 2-15 min breaks together and exercise at work. We do cardio, strength with resistance bands, core, etc.). I also have friends outside work to encourage me.

REALIZE YOU'RE HUMAN! you would think we all know this but, when I used to slack off and not work out or I ate out, it would cause a snowball effect that would eventually lead to me giving up. This time I know I'm not going to be perfect everyday...brush it off and move on.

This has gotten long, message me if you have more questions and I'll try to help. It's a hard thing to do, and you can do it!
  • KatyFlatlander
    KatyFlatlander Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I drink tons of water to stave off hunger pangs. I noticed the OSHA vests. Lunches in the field can be a challenge. Hang in there. Fight this one bite at a time!
  • SLB125
    SLB125 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose that amount too. Feel free to add me.
  • deshayvan
    deshayvan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Water water water or I snack on raw veggies or Apple. All or filling for sure
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've said this before, but I'll say it again here:

The very best advice has been set aside for new members and really is great - take a look through this thread for GREAT advice: most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads

And if you want to read just one to get oriended - I'd highly recommend SideSteel's a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Feel free to add me if you like - I'm happy to help as I can. One thing that does help many people is to build a community of friends that can see your updates and will offer thoughts and advice... not everyone wants to do that, but it helps a lot of people through periods where they either: don't know what they are doing - or have life backing up on them and can use support to not just bail on the process.
  • jlsc1867
    jlsc1867 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ejhankle wrote: »
    Wanting to loose 50 lbs. by June 2016.

Open to any advice for success....

Any advice for those hunger pang moments?

Drink a glass of water before grabbing something to eat. Sometimes that helps
  • weightlossissues
    weightlossissues Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is also my goal. They say lots and lots of water. I try to drink half my weight in water. If my weight is 100 lbs (no such luck) I would drink 50 oz. This might help. Add if you would like.