PiYo

Options
I just ordered the PiYo workout system, has anyone tried this before or is doing it now? How did you like it, did it work well for you?

Replies

• bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just started today and so far I really like it. I already do some basic yoga poses and I thought it would be easier than it really is. I am really excited to see how well it works.
  • RoxyM2
    RoxyM2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completed the 8 week program last year and loved it. I'm only sorry I didn't do any maintenance with it. It works well. I lost several inches though not much weight. But I blame myself. I could've done more. I should've done better with my nutrition tracking. And on the days with short workouts (20 min) I definitely should've done an extra workout to supplement. I'm planning on doing the program again. My main gripe with MFP was that I couldn't track the workout. It only let me choose Pilates or yoga and the workouts were more intense than that. Now I've a fitness tracker so I'm hopeful I'll get better accuracy. Good luck!
  • RNsusieQ
    RNsusieQ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of ordering it soon! I've done a few of of the workouts with one of my friends. It was much harder than it looks but nice on my joints since it is body weight & low impact. My team has a challenge group for support/questions/motivations so I'm hoping to buy it in the next month or two! Keep us posted with your experience!
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it! I'm super excited! I've completed insanity 3 times and done bits and pieces of T25. I fell off the wagon a few months ago and gained back 15lbs. I get tired of the high impact stuff and need something else so I don't quit completely like last time! I'm hoping this will be good for that! :)
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just got my set in the mail yesterday. I am super excited to try it. I love yoga but never got the results I am looking for from a yoga workout. I have heard so many good things about PIYO that I am hopeful this will quickly become my favorite exercise
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    How is everyone liking it? My husband and I will be doing day three today. We did align and the lower body one. I like it but it was a lot slower paced than I'm used to!
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Piyo was really nice, you can make it more relaxed or intense to fit your needs. I didn't lose any weight on it but definitely lost inches and gained strength and flexibility.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Mine is supped to arrive Saturday:).
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have been mixing PiYo with P90 and the 21 Day Fix and I like it - once you get to the Sweat and Drench workouts I'm betting the pace picks up. I have done Align, Lower and Upper, struggled with Core. I have been sticking with Lower and Upper for the last couple of weeks just to get comfortable with the moves...